Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann night busses home tonight (1am, 2am, 3am)

Options
  • 19-12-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭

I take it upon myself to publicize this! Unbeknownst to most, Bus Eireann have been operating Night Busses at the weekend for the past 2 weeks. Details shamelessly stolen from the PROC forums:
    They will operate 11th, 12th, 18th and 19th of December at 1am, 2am and 3am from Patrick St (up by Brown Thomas).

Routes are
    Patrick St - Douglas - Maryborough - Carrigaline
    Patrick St - Bishopstown - CIT - Ballincollig
    Patrick St - Silversprings - Carrigtwohill - Midleton

Prices are
    €3 - Douglas, Bishopstown
    €5 - Ballincollig, Carrigaline, Carrigtwohill
    €8 - Midleton

Taxis are 15 sheets to Ballincollig, so thats a saving for me. Just missed it by like 1 minute last night, depressing stuff! I wont miss it tonight though :D

I think its disappointing Bus Eireann havent made a big deal of this. Such a service is high in demand, it just needs to be publicized. Its probably the Taxi Driver vested interest lobby that got them to do a hush hush.

Hope this helps Cork Boardsies. Happy Christmas :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I take it upon myself to publicize this! Unbeknownst to most, Bus Eireann have been operating Night Busses at the weekend for the past 2 weeks. Details shamelessly stolen from the PROC forums:

Taxis are 15 sheets to Ballincollig, so thats a saving for me. Just missed it by like 1 minute last night, depressing stuff! I wont miss it tonight though :D

I think its disappointing Bus Eireann havent made a big deal of this. Such a service is high in demand, it just needs to be publicized. Its probably the Taxi Driver vested interest lobby that got them to do a hush hush.

Hope this helps Cork Boardsies. Happy Christmas :)

Missed this and am mightily peeved.

Any chance they're going to keep it running throughout the year, even Wed/Thurs to Saturday would be fantastic.

Advertisement