Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Roofing

Options
  • 19-12-2009 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just a question regarding a zinc roof. We are building (well, looking at plans and counting pennies and dreaming).
    We have been advised that a zinc roof is the way to go, but the cost has come in at 138e for 200 sq m :eek:

Any help guys would be greatly appreciated......is this how much it costs? Thanks in advance.:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

shivs wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just a question regarding a zinc roof. We are building (well, looking at plans and counting pennies and dreaming).
    We have been advised that a zinc roof is the way to go, but the cost has come in at 138e for 200 sq m :eek:

Any help guys would be greatly appreciated......is this how much it costs? Thanks in advance.:D

Hi there.....the amount should have read 138,000e....still painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,052 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hi there.....the amount should have read 138,000e....still painful!
    Thought so.

That's much too expensive. I would expect to have a reasonably sized house built for that money in the current climate.

Thanks Muffler.

That's what l thought too. Does anyone know the cost of a zinc roof per sq. m?
    I know that labour costs have been reduced, but l'm not sure the cost of materials has fallen dramatically.......hope l'm wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

Zinc is about twice the price it was this time last year.

Do a graph here http://www.lme.co.uk/zinc_graphs.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

Thanks Muffler.

That's what l thought too. Does anyone know the cost of a zinc roof per sq. m?
    I know that labour costs have been reduced, but l'm not sure the cost of materials has fallen dramatically.......hope l'm wrong

I've a section of almost flat roof that I hope to put zinc on... I've been quoted €90/sqm. I haven't really investigated it yet, just got a basic quote for budgetting.....so i'd imagine that price could be improved on.

• Advertisement

I've a section of almost flat roof that I hope to put zinc on... I've been quoted €90/sqm. I haven't really investigated it yet, just got a basic quote for budgetting.....so i'd imagine that price could be improved on.

I'm going to call 'Rheinzink' tomorrow (in UK). Will let you know how it goes.

Well.....the price l have been quoted is max 100 e per sq m. Quoted by very reputable firms that are willing to show me their workmanship countrywide.

Makes me question the QS report:confused:

Anyhoooooo, thanks for the input folks, l wouldn't have felt comfortable questioning the figure without your advice........Happy Christmas and thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭barryi200

zinc ranges in various price ranges from 70 - 140 per m2, pending the profile/system type you require or being quoted for etc. Your QS has probably allowed a top range in your budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

Has anyone come across any Zinc roofing contractors in the Limerick area. I have guys from Dublin/Galway etc who have quoted off the plans, but I'd really like someone to come and have a look at the job and run through the specifics, finishing, flashing, gutters etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 cha80

Hi Shivs.

How did the roofing turn out. We're at that stage of designing, budgeting and dreaming! Just wondering how did ya fair pricewise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,052 ✭✭✭✭muffler

cha80 wrote: »
    Hi Shivs.

How did the roofing turn out. We're at that stage of designing, budgeting and dreaming! Just wondering how did ya fair pricewise?
    Send a pm and dont go digging up old threads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement