Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

park and ride

Options
  • 19-12-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

what do ye think of the park and ride ? is it worth the 2e. i think its great cos i dont have to look for a parking space .just sit and let the driver do his job cos i do alot of driving in the week so its great to relaxe .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I live in the city so don't use it. I take it's for people driving in from the county but don't want the hassle of parking in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I just think that it's a shame we don't have it all the time.

Or even better, reasonably frequent regular (ie not P&R specific) bus-services that service large, secure, car-parks on the edge of town, and stop at various places on their way in to the city. It must be frustrating if want to go to a shop in Liosban or Wellpark, and have to sit on the park-and-ride bus as it virtually goes past these places but won't stop at 'em.

They're still experimenting with price I think, it seems to fluctuate every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It was pretty good going into town (I live about a 5 minute drive away but 2e is cheaper than the 3.20 city bus return or parking)

But coming back out the bus was 40 minutes late and then got stuck in traffic for another 20 minutes.

After a long day of trying to find things for the people who are impossible to buy for (why do I always leave them last?) and pushing through crowds and standing in lines and carrying bags... I was very frustrated to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

I love the park and ride service.
    The way I look at it is that if I was driving my own car I would get stuck in traffic anyway!!!
    Much nicer to be able to sit back relax, turn up the ipod and let the bus driver get frustrated crawling along;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Used it today and found it great. Had been reluctant as I love the comfort of my own car but highly recommend park and ride. 30 minutes to get to town at 14:30 but only 15 minutes to get back at 18.30 pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

As I live in Barna the Park and Ride is useless to me. How I wish there was a similar service for those of us on the western side of the city.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Malice_ wrote: »
    As I live in Barna the Park and Ride is useless to me. How I wish there was a similar service for those of us on the western side of the city.
    Amen to that.

Advertisement