Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrating the demise of cruel stag hunting

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭fairplay

With the greatest respect to you, I am simply stating an opinion in response to a comment from you. I will not be bullied. If you look back over the debate initiated by the thread I started, you will see that far more robust criticism has been dished out those for and against hunting etc.

I have read the most appalling insulting comments...I mean really personalised stuff in which real people have been named and defamed...on Boards.ie and yet the posters responsible have not been censured.

I suggest you need to be more conistent in your moderatation and that you refrain from banning or restricting people whose views you happen to dislike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

EskimoJack, either contribute to the debate or do not post here. Post deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

fairplay wrote: »
    I have read the most appalling insulting comments...I mean really personalised stuff in which real people have been named and defamed...on Boards.ie and yet the posters responsible have not been censured.
    Did you report the posts in question?
    fairplay wrote: »
    I suggest you need to be more conistent in your moderatation and that you refrain from banning or restricting people whose views you happen to dislike.
    I suggest that you take some time away from this forum - let's say 3 days - to study these particular elements of the charter:
    djpbarry wrote: »
    • If you have a problem with a post, USE THE REPORT POST FUNCTION; do not respond to the post in question.
    • Please do not discuss moderation in-thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ConsiderThis

planetX wrote: »
    I've never known rats to be top choice for foxes, and certainly never known foxes to be instrumental in keeping the rat population down.

I suggest a bit of research then, try James Fairley's book of Irish Wild Mammals for a start. I would tend to believe people who have analysed the contents of droppings, rather than anecdotes.

If James Farley's book suggests that rats are the top choice for foxes, I'll eat my hat, and if you have a reference from his book you want to give showing that rats are "...top choice for foxes" and are "instrumental in keeping the rat population down", feel free to give it. Suggesting someone goes away and reads a book is not really debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭Worztron

Stag hunting is extremely cruel. Anyone that condones it are not right in the head. It is barbaric. The people that carry it out should get treatment.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I think this discussion ran it's course last year.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement