Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tedious Bickering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

th_vlcsnap-2010-01-16-16h47m39s205.png th_IMG_6228.jpg th_IMG_6229.jpg th_IMG_6232.jpg th_IMG_6233.jpg th_IMG_6236.jpg th_IMG_6237.jpg th_IMG_6241.jpg th_IMG_6242.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

DirkVoodoo wrote: »

Who were the two lads at the cafe in Bray at the end asking where Mockler was? He is a celebrity now.
    that was me and a mate,chris bonnie off this site also,we where a little shy to go over though lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I still don't understand why Lumen went off road there...??

EDIT:@Fran: Ah no, should have come over, though I can see how a lycra clad mob might be a bit unsettling. Good job showing up, did you see Mockler in the end?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I'm still thinking; Mockler really won? This has been a very entertaining thread! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

monument wrote: »
    I'm still thinking; Mockler really won? This has been a very entertaining thread! :)

Needs to be linked in the wiki, so future generations can enjoy the epic tale for themselves.

• Advertisement

I still don't understand why Lumen went off road there...??

EDIT:@Fran: Ah no, should have come over, though I can see how a lycra clad mob might be a bit unsettling. Good job showing up, did you see Mockler in the end?
    yeah we seen him alright,i take it your the guy we asked?.if so he was just behind you.fair play to you's all i kinda wish i had of came along for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

So... best two out of three?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Looking very lean there Tom!!
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Planet X wrote: »
    Looking very lean there Tom!!
    :eek::eek::eek:

Yeah, that photo is really not representative of the reality of the situation though... I think I was sucking my tongue or something. :confused:

niceonetom wrote: »
    Yeah, that photo is really not representative of the reality of the situation though... I think I was sucking my tongue or something. :confused:
    You are in awe of our new hero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I was walking my dog along the coast road today ... saw a few boards.ie jerseys and wondered what was going on.

Now I know ... wow! :cool:

Epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That was fun. Mockler: well done. Tonto: for shame.

Thoughts for the day....

- To finish first, first you have to avoid getting lost.
    - Chips are the new cake.
    - Turbos work.

119km/5:53/2386kJ for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Congratulations to Mockler.

I second Blorgs suggestion that we petition to get him unbanned.

Great to see a cyclist with a proper build win (although . . . )

In any event, this is not the first time Tonto has been lost, and wont be the last. However to get lost in the city of your birth is sort of inexcusable really. I reckon that Tonto is one of the fastest boardsies in a race that is a straight line with no turns.

The video coming over the bridge looked fantastic, there must of been 20 or so out?

Can anyone put up a final GC and times (does one even exist?).

Well done all. At least we now have a method for settling disputes (if only suitable for the Dublin based gang).

The one thing that surprised me was the amount of folks wearing just short and jerseys with armwarmers/kneewarmers/gilets. It is still too cold IMO for that clothing yet - that is what I call typical July/August bike apparel.

I sent a PM to Gordon linking to this thread, suggesting that having pulled off such an epic feat he deserves to be able to gloat a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

Great day out - excellent to catch up with the boardsies and to meet mockler - well done mockler. I think strictly speaking nobody actually won as there was some deviation from the agreed route. But it was a lot of fun. Thanks again to Lumen for buying me chips after I'd wasted my money on a crappy "Magic" Muffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

why was mockler banned? part of this thread or a site ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

mloc123 wrote: »
    why was mockler banned? part of this thread or a site ban?

Site ban. Please no further discussion of the ban in this forum, but feel free to petition site mods (perhaps in the Prison forum) as you see fit, or not, I'm staying out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

I enjoyed my first Board's spin today. I didn't have time to go to Bray, so I turned in Blackrock. I was surprized to see Mockler about 5 minutes back up the road.

Well done to Mockler for sticking in there and winning in the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Don't know how I missed this thread until now!

As I read through from start to finish I imagined that the race would have been a neutralised get to know you affair until hammer time at 1km to go with el tonto heading off into the sunset. But the final result - who would have thunk it?!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,186 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lumen wrote: »
    Site ban. Please no further discussion of the ban in this forum, but feel free to petition site mods (perhaps in the Prison forum) as you see fit, or not, I'm staying out of it.
    We're not allowed to post in the prison forum (unless we are inmates, Prison Mods or Admins)

Blorg has already PM'd Gordon, one of the Admins, although I suspect it may be difficult to get a ban overturned. I guess the best chance would be for the poster(s) who reported him in the first place to make a plea on his behalf (and I could understand if whoever it is did not want to do this)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Great day to be out, glad I decided not to retreat back to bed.

Fair play Mockler, I thought my eyes were deceiving me when I saw those bermuda shorts stopped at the lights. Like Pete says, when you've ridden a mountain bike (not even a full susser) on the road, even with forks locked out, you can appreciate the effort. I honestly thought it was game over after the furious descent from Howth. Chapeau!

Great to see so many people out.

Who were the two lads at the cafe in Bray at the end asking where Mockler was? He is a celebrity now.

yeah, that was Fran and I

we where gonna go over, but it felt a bit odd, kind of intruding in a way

my massive hangover and constant threat of projectile vomit made my mind up to leave you`se alone

plus we where just shy :o

as a matter of interest, the lad that cycles the green bianchi, where cycling up and down mount leinster the day of the tour of ireland?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

He was banned by BuffyBot.
    I've sent a pm.
    (I didn't report him BTW !)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭The_Claw

as a matter of interest, the lad that cycles the green bianchi, where cycling up and down mount leinster the day of the tour of ireland?

That's me on the bianchi but I didn't make it out to mount leinster that day (that was the rainfest if I remember right)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

This thread seems to end the debate on the appropriateness of full suspension for commuting.

Oh, and fyi banlist.

The_Claw wrote: »
    That's me on the bianchi but I didn't make it out to mount leinster that day (that was the rainfest if I remember right)
    na the weather was fine the first day of the tour of ireland,you look very like some lad that was their that day,i remember that guy Chris was talking about..

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,186 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So, do you think we should nominate Mockler as a Legend of the Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

Regrettably my wrist is not good after the tumble today at the Cabra copshop... if it doesnt improve by tomorrow, I might have to go get it x-rayed. Something doesnt feel right with it :(

102798.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

So, Tonto then.... oh well, that was predictable!
    I just re-read my post and it sounded like I was there. I wasn't and I didn't know who won. I just presumed it was tonts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

In the last photo, is it just the colouring on the lycra, or has el tonto wet his pants? I knew he was scared alright after readin the bikeradar story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

That was fun. Mockler: well done. Tonto: for shame.
    +1. The Merrion Gates timing (mocker +6min) had me counting chickens too early.
    119km/5:53/2386kJ for me.
    That's quite a lot of km for January.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement