Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tedious Bickering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

flickerx wrote: »
    Regrettably my wrist is not good after the tumble today at the Cabra copshop... if it doesnt improve by tomorrow, I might have to go get it x-rayed. Something doesnt feel right with it :(

I hope you wrist is ok. Thanks for the photos--they remind me of my long overdue need for a haircut...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Sorry to hear about your spill flickerx.

Just look at the smugness on his face in the last photo!

Still has it in Clontarf:

th_IMG_6232.jpg

I should have taken one at the finish but I was more preoccupied with our new hero, Mockler.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Hilarious. Well done to all involved. I was late getting out this morning, but did the route from howth to bray eventually, albeit an hour behind. I was expecting pools of blood and pieces of carbon fibre all over the road all the way to Shankill, but nary a shred.

Vico Road was well doable despite the closure signs of doom (although an MTB could've got a good ten seconds ahead there with a couple of easy hops up onto the footpad), but I can see how the race route could've thrown the peleton a bit further on, the bit of Vico Rd by Bono's gaff being one-way coming up the hill which isn't acknowledged by Google Maps. Great entertainment anyway and well done again.

Is there a Sunday Business Post sports special in all of this, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

102795.jpg

May I ask whoever owns the Oregon Scientific ATC3K helmet cam how did you mount it on the helmet? I have it on the bars but can never get it to go onto the helmet properly! I'd say it would be much smoother that way especially for mountain biking which is when I mainly use it. Cheers ;)

EDIT: Also, was it used today to video the action? Got any footage to show us?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭redmaxi

WELL DONE Mockler !. I love to see the [so called]underdog win.

Well done to blorg also who it appears dusted everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

This is all truely fairytale stuff and I'm sure one or two of ye will be reading it to your kids.

LADYBIRDEPIC.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

For the record, this is the route that Tonto took, according the the GPS safely tucked in my back pocket.

102873.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Brilliant.

Just catching up now, but it sounds like it was a great morning. I'm sorry to have missed it but hopefully I'll make the rematch - Bray to Howth with Tonto on the MTB and Mockler on the road bike - the aggregation of the two events to determine who is the better cyclist, rather than which is the better bike!:)

Well done to Mockler - an epic victory!

Also, (not sucking up to the mods!!!) but I think Lumen should get some acknowledgement for his moderation of this thread - a heavier hand would've killed the thing early on. Well done Lumen.

I'm off to vote in the thread to get Mockler unbanned (if he hasn't already) - to the victor, the spoils and he should have the opportunity to come back on here as soon as possible and wallow in his win!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

Lumen wrote: »
    For the record, this is the route that Tonto took, according the the GPS safely tucked in my back pocket.

102873.png
    know wonder he lost,that's feckin miles out of the way..

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lumen wrote: »

102873.png

So the secret weapon was actually Lumen, who hid the GPS from el tonto, and presumably shouted on the approach to Bray - "next right tonto"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

if tonto was the guy in the red, wasnt he at the end? im confuzzled

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I just came across this thread now...should have put on the kettle, that took a while to get through! Mad stuff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭googlehead

:D:D:D

This is funny as hell. fair play for the 2 guys who raced.

Mockler007 should get the kings pardon and be reinstated.

if tonto was the guy in the red, wasnt he at the end? im confuzzled
    He was at the end .... eventually

From the pictures, Raam was also in red, although they are easy to tell apart - el tonto has a much larger build than Raam

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    el tonto has a much larger build than Raam

To be fair Posh Spice has a larger build than RAAM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Beasty wrote: »
    He was at the end .... eventually

From the pictures, Raam was also in red, although they are easy to tell apart - el tonto has a much larger build than Raam

ah, so Raam is the guy in the aqua something outfit, not Tonto

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

ah, so Raam is the guy in the aqua something outfit, not Tonto

No that was Tonto. There is a photo of him with Mockler at the start a few pages back.

EDIT:
    102919.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Tonto is the one with the insufferably smug look on his face in all the photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

blorg wrote: »
    Tonto is the one with the insufferably smug look on his face in all the photos.

except for any taken at the finish :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

me@ucd wrote: »
    except for any taken at the finish :p
    oh,where can we find these photo's eh:D,i wouldnt mind a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Ha, only read this thread now, I thought it was about somebody moaning about a fight with a motorist or something:D

Well done mockler!

I think Mocklers choice of bike may have swung him the race;)

Kona>Cervelo etc :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

kona wrote: »
    Kona>Cervelo etc :p

Kona, are you challenging the road bikers on this forum to a race?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

It sounded like a challenge between Kona MTB owners and Cervelo owners alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

CheGuedara wrote: »
    It sounded like a challenge between Kona MTB owners and Cervelo owners alright...

Well I own both a Cervelo and a Kona MTB. I'll race myself and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Raam wrote: »

What are the odds on you winning?

Vélo wrote: »
    You need to cross the finishing line to win, which to some of these guys appears a bit of a challenge:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Vélo wrote: »

My money's on Blorg and his fixie

Kona has Already won the Boards.ie 2010 manufacturers championship:p

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »

Mtb would be better for towing :p.

So Kona wins again :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement