Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tedious Bickering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Goldsprints is done on Konas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Goldsprints is done on Konas.

Funny guy eh????:P

If the goldspints is on kona what were you lot using on saturday :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

kona wrote: »
    Funny guy eh????:P

If the goldspints is on kona what were you lot using on saturday :p;)

He's serious... the goldsprints are done on Kona Paddywagons

He's serious... the goldsprints are done on Kona Paddywagons

Never knew that? why?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

685_tj_1232.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Never knew that? why?

Because Konas are the fastest bicycles in the universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Probably becuase if they got damaged it wouldnt be a big deal

Lumen wrote: »

Well lets not go too far, we know they are far more superior to some scaldy cervelo or some piece of **** colnago:p
    But who knows what little green man some where has invented:pac:
    c0rk3r wrote: »
    Probably becuase if they got damaged it wouldnt be a big deal

Pffft, Konas dont get damage. They cause damage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Are Kona's a Halfords own brand or are they quality bikes like the Carrera's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

are Konas good bikes?

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    Are Kona's a Halfords own brand or are they quality bikes like the Carrera's ?

Are You high?:confused:

me@ucd wrote: »
    are Konas good bikes?

Great MTB. No idea what their road/hybrids are like, but I'd Imagine they are pretty damn good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Are You high?:confused:

I wish ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I hope so, I've 2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Great MTB. No idea what their road/hybrids are like, but I'd Imagine they are pretty damn good.
    Most of their road bikes have been insanely overpriced and as a result basically no-one rides them. At the end of the day road bikes are even at the high end commodity components (Super Record is Super Record) bolted onto a frame and I don't think Kona has pushed very convincingly the idea that their road frames are anything special and worth the premium they are selling them for. While other companies tout their wind tunnel testing, engineering, and their bikes winning the Tour de France etc. The relevance of which I am skeptical about as well for the average amateur roadie but Kona were basically asking for the same silly money as the top bikes from Trek, Cervelo, Specialized etc with no good selling point behind it.

Their mountain bikes seem far better value and they have a history and speciality there.

They have some interesting stuff but again sometimes it all gets a bit pricey... they have a good following in cyclocross I believe (I imagine they get good crossover from the off-road stuff there.)

I think they are cutting back on the road side of things; they no longer do a high-end road bike, just a choice between two aluminium bikes with Sora or 105. And the speciality stuff, steel road bikes, etc. like Velo's - which makes a lot of sense. They were on a losing battle with high-end carbon, better off going for a niche others are not filling so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

They are pretty dear alright, I got my Kapu directly from them.

There was a small scrape on the down tube and I ended up getting a 40% discount (They also put the wrong price up but stood by it for me, so that helped getting the 40% off). Once I put a bottle cage on the bike it covered the scrape.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

fair play to Mckler,,, you did it right son,, SAy it, do it.. happy days..

i agree, give Mockler a pardon and bring him back

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

pic on irish cycling of boardsies in howth on sat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I thought they were made from recycled coffee machines:-
    0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

RO 06 wrote: »
    pic on irish cycling of boardsies in howth on sat

saw that alright. If only they knew why they were there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Never knew that? why?

Because they needed single speeds for the racing, and Cliffy in Cyclogical helped them out with two...

Because they needed single speeds for the racing, and Cliffy in Cyclogical helped them out with two...

Ah, so the aul cyclogical aint too bad ;)

Thats all right, I thoiugh he ment it was like in the rules that Konas must be used :D

Jawgap wrote: »
    I thought they were made from recycled coffee machines:-
    0.jpg

I heard, well a rumour really, that Kona frames are built from a advanced alloy that was obtained from a mysterious robot arm found in their factory, which was the only intact piece left after what is said to have been a robot was blown up by two lunatics who also blew up a petrol Truck outside.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

Ah, so the aul cyclogical aint too bad ;)

Thats all right, I thoiugh he ment it was like in the rules that Konas must be used :D

Yeah we were hooked up by Cycleogical. I actually think they are ugly as sin, but then my Kona heritage stretches back to my first ever mtb, a steel Lava Dome with Project 2's... yummy, until it was nicked from UCD.

Anyhoo, since weight, components etc. don't really matter when you're racing on rollers we went for a cheap option.

We will be accepting any and all grudge matches on Feb. 13th in the Bernard Shaw. Check www.dubsprints.wordpress.com for more info.
    All proceeds will be going through Oxfam Ireland to help Haiti.

edit: I just spent the last hour reading this thread, awesome stuff guys, wish I'd noticed it before now, I would have come out.

dubmess wrote: »
    Yeah we were hooked up by Cycleogical. I actually think they are ugly as sin, but then my Kona heritage stretches back to my first ever mtb, a steel Lava Dome with Project 2's... yummy, until it was nicked from UCD..

Was it green? I tried to buy one in Vancouver off a customer, but they didnt wana sell as they had it from new and the yoke was sweet.:)
    dubmess wrote: »
    Anyhoo, since weight, components etc. don't really matter when you're racing on rollers we went for a cheap option...

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

Was it green? I tried to buy one in Vancouver off a customer, but they didnt wana sell as they had it from new and the yoke was sweet.:)

It was actually... a beautiful metallic forest green with a heavy flake, kinda like some japanese keirin frames :(
    I still miss her... one of the nicest bikes I ever rode. Steel, rigid, canti-brakes... *sigh* :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055804532

Vico Road, recent report.

Actually, when I was waiting for "The Lads" on Saturday, I was loitering around the spot where the supporting wall had given way, I heard a slight noise coming from the spot, some soil collapsing.........seems, with a bit more rain etc. the lot might well collapse. Could well tip over and fall on to the rail line below.
    Wonder if Pat Kennys house would go with it? Probably not. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Planet X wrote: »
    Wonder if Pat Kennys house would go with it? Probably not. :(

ahh thats better ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I heard, well a rumour really, that Kona frames are built from a advanced alloy that was obtained from a mysterious robot arm found in their factory, which was the only intact piece left after what is said to have been a robot was blown up by two lunatics who also blew up a petrol Truck outside.

:pac:

Those two lunatics didn't just happen to have completed a race from Howth to Bray, did they??:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

man was the boards prison porridge not the maywest,
    got to say to who that all showed up at high noon in howth are legends!
    good to be back lads and ladies;)
    god its march already:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement