Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tedious Bickering

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

No fighting in the war room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

what did Julie say :confused:

and can someone confirm or deny whether bob wears a monocle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

me@ucd wrote: »
    and can someone confirm or deny whether bob wears a monocle?

Can not be confirmed or denied. It would only serve to narrow down ssb's identity

Besides what relevance has it on the discussion?

In fact all I can say is

C'est la vie pour le noveau technologies et l'etiqutte avec ca. I am now more learned on the nuances of boards

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

C'est la vie pour le noveau technologies et l'etiqutte avec ca.

Ahem: C'est la vie pour les nouvelles technologies et l'étiquette avec ca. "That's life for new technologies and the tag with that", what are you on about man?

Capitaine 'avoc: Nazi de la grammaire :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I am referring to the etiquette of internet forums

to elaborate - it's clearly still finding it's feet !!

Bob

No problem at all with your post, although it's not tedious bickering, and not specific to the cycling forum. Hence I'm moving it to the Broomwagon.

It may be that there are other areas on boards where you can get a better understanding of "what boards is about" (not exactly sure where though), so I don't want to start an extensive debate on this in the cycling forum

Thanks

Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

the joke was crap. when u grown up u might see it different .
    grow up . my point stands cancer is not a joke, and should not be refer to in any way. u dont get this, something wrong with u i guess.

grow up.

I look forward to such a command of the English language, when I do grow up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭mumfordandsons

Diarmuid wrote: »
    I look forward to such a command of the English language, when I do grow up!

a command of the english language , all well and good dont think u brightest fellow around anyhow. , u fool!!!

ROK ON wrote: »
    Not sure. Appreciation of humour, is a personal thing. Whatsomeone finds hilarious another person finds deeply offensive - that is precisely the reason that a person mayfind something funny - because it is hard to take.

I dont believe that anything, and I mean anything is above a humourous take on it. I have been at comedy gigs and laughed at something other folks cringed at. Also I have cringed and felt offended at something other folks laughed at. That doesnt mean that the subject matter shouldnt be explored from a humourous angle.

On the cancer thing, the singer Warren Zevon when dying of cancer wrote some pretty hard hitting lyrics about it - with a very dark sense of humour.

Ooopps - didnt see the mod warning on the big C until now. Was reading the post and wanted to resond.

yeah understand what u say in way. but not my liking .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭coolbeans

I laughed. Maybe I shouldn't have laughed...oh bother, I'm in a moral quandry now. :P Someone, please tell me what's alright to laugh at. I'm so confused. Mumford, I await your advice.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No personal abuse
    No grammar nazis
    No further "cancer" talk

Now back on topic

Thanks

Beasty

coolbeans wrote: »
    I laughed. Maybe I shouldn't have laughed...oh bother, I'm in a moral quandry now. :P Someone, please tell me what's alright to laugh at. I'm so confused. Mumford, I await your advice.

i give up. no more comments me on this.
    coolbeans maybe look in mirror.

Beasty wrote: »
    No personal abuse
    No grammar nazis
    No further "cancer" talk

Now back on topic

Thanks

Beasty

back on topic in the "tedious bickering" thread? thats class :pac:

boards cycling could be divided between begineer, intermediate and expert - just like cycling licences.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

boards cycling could be divided between begineer, intermediate and expert - just like cycling licences.

who/what is that in reference to? doesn't sound at all like bickering, a sensible statement of fact instead... you'll soon turn this thread boring with comments like that ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

me@ucd wrote: »
    back on topic in the "tedious bickering" thread? thats class :pac:

That was written in another thread, I moved it here to keep the previous thread a little on topic.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

who/what is that in reference to? doesn't sound at all like bickering, a sensible statement of fact instead... you'll soon turn this thread boring with comments like that ;)

the like the posts of those that post comments similar to you nicshizzelwat

please dont accuse me of attempting to tone down this thread -it is an insult to all who have posted on it

Calm down everyone - this may be tedious bickering, but normal forum rules still apply

Please don't get personal

Thanks

Beasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Lawdie wrote: »
    Another member suggested Howth for tracks and was going to arrange an intro spin. Still awaiting this posting..

Did I?

Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

Oh Well, oh well. Ya fecker. This shoud be an new years resolution!
    Will take out north county muppets around my beloved howth trails.
    Now we can get the train...

• Advertisement

The good thing about Ardgillan is the nice cup of tea and slice of cake. That right Aunt Sally.

Oh Well, oh well. Ya fecker. This shoud be an new years resolution!
    Will take out north county muppets around my beloved howth trails.
    Now we can get the train...

Ehh no, cause then you'll all come over and screw them up.

Anyway, there may be a race on them later this year so you'll get to see them then.

Sorry that your personal trails will get screwed up with our savage riding ability. Are you back to school next week?

Sorry that your personal trails will get screwed up with our savage riding ability. Are you back to school next week?

University actually finishing my PhD. Been here for a while now. You should try it.

Stay there, the real world isn't ready for you.

Stay there, the real world isn't ready for you.

No offence but you know nothing about me so don't take shots at me.

After returning to college to do an undergrad after working for 5 years i will agree with you, i was not ready for the world. Engineering as a first choice degree was a bad idea so dropping out, working a real job and spending my time seeing the world was in order. So returning to get a real degree (self funded) at 25 followed by a PhD which i'm two years into now was a long term mature decision i made.

Not hiding from the world. I've experienced more of this green planet than most people my age.

If you want to show me your awesome skills, get an elite licence, and i'll see you on the start line at every NPS this summer. Or Bonty 24/12 as a solo rider. Your call.

If not, shush.

Get a sense of humour.

its fun to edit comments out. even.more fun when you still have an emailed comment.

tut tut.

and way. I'm off to be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

'68 wrote:
    <snip>

Although I am sure that the Moderator is using his good judgement in deleting comments due to "Ad hominem" - I would consider the potential for a conflict of interest to outweigh the potential for the debate to focus on the personal rather than the subject matter.

Whether you agree or disagree with the issue of conflict of interest, there is a need for principals in the case to clearly demonstrate absence of a conflict of interest. Once that has been clearly established any further questioning of their integrity then becomes "Ad hominem". Until that has been established, questioning the potential for conflict of interest is core to the debate and not tangential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Just to add, the deleted comments may well have been over the line, but I would just like to ensure that the question of Conflict of Interest does not become "Ad hominem" until it has been fully addressed by the principals at the centre of the topic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement