Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crackers!

Options
  • 20-12-2009 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Doing my xmas shopping earlier today and last weekend and noticed a woman outside the eyre square shopping centre who is absolutely nuts.

She shouts about christ, and the gospel and battered women.

Did she escape from a mental home and they can't get her back in? Can she be removed?

She is scary.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I think you can get them in Dunnes. 6 for a tenner. At a Christmas party the other night. Got a shoe horn in mine.
    Wait, what?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Probably Mad Rita. I'd say 90 % of Galwegians would have heard her at some stage. She's harmless enough just as daft as a brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I believe there has been a thread on her last year or least she was mentioned in one of them..I'm off to hell anyway for wearing knee length skirts and red lippy. See ye there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Saw her mid morning and again early afternoon. Can't believe the Gardai wouldn't have passed that spot in the meantime and not moved/arrested/sectioned her. Didn't enjoy explaining the "upset lady" to my daughter twice in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I really thought this was going to be about Christmas crackers.
    I asked the OH to get some for Christmas day,she thought I was (sorry) crackers.

Weren't they made in Loughrea years ago ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Saw her mid morning and again early afternoon. Can't believe the Gardai wouldn't have passed that spot in the meantime and not moved/arrested/sectioned her. Didn't enjoy explaining the "upset lady" to my daughter twice in one day.

Is she actually a danger to herself or anyone else, though? Like lots of people, I've been told that I'm I'm going to hell for wearing trousers, but I just couldn't get that upset about it. And she's a lot less threatening than some of the groups of lads doing 12-pubs.

I'm assuming she's a casualty / victim / survivor of some of the wonderful institutions that this country used to have. And on that basis I resist the urge to answer back rudely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭lovelyhome

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement