Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cavitywall insulation

Options
  • 20-12-2009 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Can the adhesive in Bonded Bead cavity insulation damage pvc cables that are in the cavity?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Moved from Green Issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Can the adhesive in Bonded Bead cavity insulation damage pvc cables that are in the cavity?

why are there cables in the cavity?

But to answer your question i dont know. The only one that can answer that is the supplier.

I wouldnt think there would be an issue, as as far as i know its just an adhesive but you are advised to ask the supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 5 himeytheone

Hi, thanks for reply, some pvc/pvc cables put in dwarf walls of conservatory for sockets and light switches, several people have mentioned that the adhesive used to bond the bead can have a negative effect on the pve sheathing of the cables ??, yes you are right, must get assurances from contractor before I proceed, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

PVC cables should not come into contact with polystyrene cavity insulation as the insulation on the cable is degraded by the polystyrene.

http://www.generalcable.co.nz/Technical/10.1.1.1.pdf

Advertisement