Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

simple chioce killzone 2 or resistance 2 and why

Options
  • 20-12-2009 1:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

which is better and why?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

resistance 2. better controls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

KZ2. Better online pultiplayer, better visuals, better sound. The controls have been fixed since release so they are also better.

Simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I own both and while resistance 2 is a great game Killzone 2 is better. You could probably pick both of them up for cheap now anyway so why not try and get both?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Eh.. Really depends on what your looking for.

R2 - Campaign is a bit weak but online is arcady madness. I think it's one of the best MP game's i've ever played, trumps K2 in that department IMO. If you just looking to whittle away the hours online this be the game for you.

K2 - Controls are more "realistic", better visuals and what not, better campaign than R2. Online is good however i got a bit sick of trying to make the jump between the second last and last rank and i'm off the opinion that whoever has the best ping wins in a shoot out every bloody time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Why not just get both? You could get the 2 of them together for the same price as a new release now...

I've only played R2 so far, but am enjoying the singleplayer and love online play (60 player team DM is fecking sweet!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

tman wrote: »
    (60 player team DM is fecking sweet!)

You think so? I'm more of a 20 player man. 60 player is a bit all over the place to say the least :P What rank are ya? My greatest accomplishment so far is getting the decaying head! I stopped playing after that...

i'm off the opinion that whoever has the best ping wins in a shoot out every bloody time.

I recommend the shotgun. I've got a poor ping as well but i manage a savage amount of kills with the shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Killzone gets my vote also. Online with resistance imo is a bit like shooting fish in a barrel at times (although certain maps on killzone can be the same i may add)
    The experience of KZ though is much better than arcadey feel of R2. It was one of the first games which really blew me away in terms of graphics so just to see what the ps3 is capable of is worth the price alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

You think so? I'm more of a 20 player man. 60 player is a bit all over the place to say the least :P What rank are ya? My greatest accomplishment so far is getting the decaying head! I stopped playing after that...

Not very high at all, I have only spent about 6 hours playing it online (6 hours more than any other online game this year!)
    I've only played 2 60 player games so far, as smaller games seem to happen a lot more frequently, but just loved the madness of it all. It was surprisingly lag free as well!

May not be the best game ever, but for around €20 you can't really complain!

tman wrote: »

May not be the best game ever, but for around €20 you can't really complain!

Killzone 2 is around the same price now anyway.

I've played a 60 player match online on resistance 2 and while it is chaotic and fun i find i can be getting shot at from all sides when i spawn and the novelty starts to wear off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Well being someone who's not really interested at all in console online MP and having played both games I'd have to go with Resistance 2 on the merits of the SP alone.

I've played KZ2, and while graphically it is somewhat better than Resistance 2 the environments and weapons are drab and boring in comparison.

Resistance 2 has some great environments and levels, and some very good weapons. Overall I really enjoyed the SP campaign in Resistance 2 a lot more. If you want levels with vivid sharp colours then get Resistance 2, if you want levels with a colour palette that ranges from brown to gray then get KZ2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Got bored of R2 Campaign quickly. KZ2 looks sweet though.

Advertisement