Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good i7 Motherboard?

Options
  • 20-12-2009 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I'm getting an i7 920 D0 stepping and mushkin redline 1600mhz ram from a freind who works in the I.T. world testing stuff (so im getting 6gb ram + i7 920 for €300 :D not even used)

so basically im looking for a good motherboard for the i7, budget of around up to €300 for it, i was recommended the DFI lan party x58 UT. Any other recommendations?

does anyone have a good motherboard they would recommend, or does anyone have the lanparty one i was recommended?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm not too up to date with i7 stuff but I think a few around here have been recommending the gigabyte ud5.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thepieman12345

ok thanks ill look into it and check specs/prices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

yeah, ive the ud5, great mobo, running 920 d0@4.05Ghz, other options are the asus p6t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

X58-UD5 all the way! A++

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Asus p6t deluxe is also a great board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The UD5 is a sweet motherboard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thepieman12345

thanks everyone, the ud5 and p6t look like great boards, thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I have the P6T and found it to be a decent enuf board bar it developed a few problems.
    So i got one of these http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=141-BL-E757-TR&family=Motherboard%20Family
    Its slighty harder to Overclock but i get 4gz on my c0 920 with less volts than i did with the P6T.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

The one in my sig, will be a year old in Jan and it has not let me down and its a good clocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I've a P6Ts a great motherboard in many respects, loads of features and very easy to OC, although they have a few minor flaws as mentioned above.

One such issue is that they are known to be very slow to boot than other systems (although i think this might be on with Vista, not 100%). My own has developed this, which is a wee bit annoying at times although its on most of the time anyway so it's not a major deal for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement