Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help+tips for the Geography Project.

Options
  • 20-12-2009 1:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I did my field study on glaciation.Can anyone please give me tips on writing it up like stuff i should include.
    I need the A1 in it.
    Any websites to that would be a help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

I need some advice on this too - only I'm doing river erosion.

Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Geard

Any tips?

Im doing river eroision aswell, where did you go for the investigation??
    Our teacher is making us do ours through irish so they'll all be different..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AxlRose1992

Geard wrote: »

Any tips?

Im doing river eroision aswell, where did you go for the investigation??
    Our teacher is making us do ours through irish so they'll all be different..
    We did ours at Kippure Estate, mid-November. It had been lashing rain so the river was almost in flood, so we split into three groups and each did 2 tests each to save time.

I just need some tips on what exactly examiners want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

send me your e mail via pm and ill help ya out. What measurements did ye do for river erosion?? Stone shape/size, speed, depth etc????

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Make sure you check the way that the field report is marked. See the end of last year's marking scheme:
    http://www.examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2009/LC005ALP000EV.pdf
    If you need 4 SRPs in a section and you only have 3, you're down in marks straight away. Make sure that your SRPs are definite and obvious to the examiner. Be aware of structure- there are marks for coherence. Basically follow the marking scheme and you should be ok.

Other marking schemes can also be found at www.examinations.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Hi i'm doing river erosion and am doing out a draft of the project. For part 3 i have 5 pages written but i over the 450 words maximum but it still fits in the booklet. So should i just leave it or cut it down to 450 words??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

I'd leave it, my grinds teacher said one of his lads had nearly 2000 words in total and lost no marks at all

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Geard

I'd leave it, our teacher said that if your over 450 and there is space left for writing the examiner won't take any marks from you.

Advertisement