Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please.

Options
  • 20-12-2009 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭

could do with a bit of help on this...

rock band drumkit silencers. Anywhere in dublin selling these/an alternative?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I often see them in HMV shops and I'm sure Gamestop and Game would do them aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

They seem to be a bit of a waste of money as far as my experience goes. The ones I've tried do silence the hits slightly, but they end up causing countless dropped hits.

Tying a couple of socks around the pads might work better. Could save yourself a tenner too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I often see them in HMV shops and I'm sure Gamestop and Game would do them aswell.

I'd thank you twice if i could. Cheers! are they the best option as far as longevity/quiet goes?

Iv read a bit about mouse mats etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Your most welcome :) No idea as I don't have the drums myself. Sorry I can't be of sevice there! :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

They seem to be a bit of a waste of money as far as my experience goes. The ones I've tried do silence the hits slightly, but they end up causing countless dropped hits.

Tying a couple of socks around the pads might work better. Could save yourself a tenner too ;)

I'd be inclined to heed Bobby's word, he knows what he's talking about :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Saw the official harmonix portable drum pads yesterday for 22.99 in hmv - they are not silencers and could be played even on theh floor or kitchen table. Most use them over the original kit though. No idea how good they are though.

calex71 wrote: »
    Saw the official harmonix portable drum pads yesterday for 22.99 in hmv - they are not silencers and could be played even on theh floor or kitchen table. Most use them over the original kit though. No idea how good they are though.

yeah iv been looking up some reviews.

still don't know what im gonna do! dunno if its worth getting or not like! cos the stock kit is very clackety clack. For want of a much better expression.

Personally I find the clack clack of the drums helps. If only the guitar was the same :(

Mmmm, but you have to crank up the tv. And for a late night player such as myself, thats never good!

This is my first foray into RB. Im shuffling over embarassed from the GHWT/GH-M camp.

The RB camp holds no grudges against those who come to them having seen the light :P What level are you playing at? I'd imagine panic attack on expert drums might cause some problems with the neighbours at midnight!

• Advertisement

Hard drums for most songs. Expert for others. Thats on GH though. Haven't played MUCH rockband. Its ordered though, should be here soon. At which point il be mosying on up to the thread with the gamertags and taking yis on. haha.

Good to hear, and stop by the challenges too!

Advertisement