Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any decent beginner c++ video tutorials??

Options
  • 20-12-2009 3:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with regards to c++ video tutorials for beginners. I'm really interested in learning the language and I'm finding it a bit difficult to follow whats going on by reading c++ books.

Any help would be much appriciated.... thanks!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

maxcelt wrote: »
    Hey,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with regards to c++ video tutorials for beginners. I'm really interested in learning the language and I'm finding it a bit difficult to follow whats going on by reading c++ books.

Any help would be much appriciated.... thanks!
    :D

I pointed someone else I was helping learn programming recently to this course:

http://see.stanford.edu/see/lecturelist.aspx?coll=11f4f422-5670-4b4c-889c-008262e09e4e

Its a stanford lecture series, concentrates on C++, and its very good.
    All the videos are there, and you can also get them on the itunes university section, which is another great resource.

Its not aimed at completely beginner programmers (you don't specify if C++ is your first language) but it doesn't assume too much knowledge either.

Check out the various stanford courses - the MIT open courseware stuff is also always work a look...

You can access almost the full course content from world class university programs on iTunes and their websites... its fantastic the amount of resources that are available on the web to learn programming these days - I remember when I was in school, it was a real struggle to find stuff! Make the most of it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 maxcelt

Hey thanks man, I ment to say in my posting that I was a beginner and was looking for C++ video tutorials. I'm mostly interested in games development and every company seems to want people who can program in C++.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

fergalr wrote: »
    I pointed someone else I was helping learn programming recently to this course:

http://see.stanford.edu/see/lecturelist.aspx?coll=11f4f422-5670-4b4c-889c-008262e09e4e

Its a stanford lecture series, concentrates on C++, and its very good.
    All the videos are there, and you can also get them on the itunes university section, which is another great resource.

Its not aimed at completely beginner programmers (you don't specify if C++ is your first language) but it doesn't assume too much knowledge either.

Check out the various stanford courses - the MIT open courseware stuff is also always work a look...

You can access almost the full course content from world class university programs on iTunes and their websites... its fantastic the amount of resources that are available on the web to learn programming these days - I remember when I was in school, it was a real struggle to find stuff! Make the most of it :-)

I went through their videos on some other topics, always great stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 maxcelt

Brilliant, thanks guys for the help!!

Advertisement