Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (20/12/09) (Heavy snow showers spreading south)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Cloudy with sunny spells here, 2.1c with WNW winds up to 15km/h

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hartenm

Still no snow in Dublin - not a single flake!! We've a different climate to the rest of the country it seems... very disappointing! :(

Though I'm still hopeful we may be pleasantly surprised tonight... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

hartenm wrote: »
    Still no snow in Dublin - not a single flake!! We've a different climate to the rest of the country it seems... very disappointing! :(

There have been some flakes, you've just missed them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I was kind of relieved when I heard that the weather will be back to normal as the Atlantic comes roaring back in. Here on the east coast the cold spell WAS a major let down (yes I know I'm an IMBY)
    I'm certain there will be more wintry spells in the new year though. The only time I can recall such a long cold spell before Xmas was the winter of 81/82 :)

Its day 2 of the cold spell which is going to continue until Christmas. So speaking in the past tense aint correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I want snow! :(

*wails*

• Advertisement

Well I just checked and there's none where I am (Dublin City centre). They must have been VERY few and far between, and melted as soon as they reached the ground.

Still, a good sign - a lot more of that and we may have a nice covering by morning!! :) Fingers crossed... come on SNOW!!!! :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Any thoughts on the 'feature' off the west coast of Scotland at the moment - http://www.sat24.com/gb Looks quite ominous! Will certainly track into Donegal and NI in the next couple of hours - just wondering could it make it south?

I hope so.... better start praying!!! Dublin deserves snow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Can't see it making it much further South than Meath imo. It will spin with a NW wind but the North could get a nice dumping of Snow. For those in the East don't panic February is always our best month, its the Beast from the East we want not this Northerly lark

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the 'feature' off the west coast of Scotland at the moment - http://www.sat24.com/gb Looks quite ominous! Will certainly track into Donegal and NI in the next couple of hours - just wondering could it make it south?

Definitely looks promising - seems to be heading south!! If it keeps going like that we should definitely have some snow by tonight. Any weather experts here... what do you reckon? Snow in Dublin or not???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I'm never going to get snow in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

There is a polar low watch taking place on some forums. People are saying it could form off to the north west of the main low in the next few hours. What do the experts here think?

OH PLEASE GOD let it happen!

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I'm never going to get snow in cork

Yeah, whatever chance Dublin has I'd say Cork is pretty hopeless... way too far south. Though we could be surprised...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 burkieboy

There is a polar low watch taking place on some forums. People are saying it could form off to the north west of the main low in the next few hours. What do the experts here think?

OH PLEASE GOD let it happen!

what forum or they saying this in!!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Sleet all day in Letterkenny, still got a good 5cm on the ground from last night and now with ther sun gone the sleet is turning back to snow. Just had a shower now with quite a bit of snow in it so I can see quite a bit more added tonight

I'd be delighted if it wasnt for the fact Im supposed to be going home for Christmas tomorrow, could be stranded in the town at this rate:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

some more photos after a recent snow shower

4200448794_d7cc00afb7.jpg
    4200451146_db3467c8be.jpg
    4200455308_7a9ebde974.jpg
    4200444520_931da535d8.jpg
    4200443086_a59325a65e.jpg
    (some pigs escaped from the nearby house. CNUTS!)
    4200438814_c882223cb4.jpg
    4199681389_0bfe140276.jpg
    4200434866_dccdb67b17.jpg
    4199677067_b713a1ed2e.jpg
    4199672959_1bd7719b71.jpg

Clouds are looking menacing again :D

Im in Dublin also, why do you think we may be surprised? What do you know:) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Not a flake of snow fell here today:( I was hoping to at least see a few snow showers. What are the chances of seeing some snow tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

How come Longford gets so much snow but nothing at all gets as far as Dublin?

burkieboy wrote: »
    what forum or they saying this in!!!1

netweather.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

nice pics cherryghost very nice:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

netweather.
    Got a link?

Jake1 wrote: »
    Im in Dublin also, why do you think we may be surprised? What do you know:) :)

I just have a feeling - though I could be wrong... still, best to be optimistic! Why, what do you think? Are we getting snow in Dublin or not? ;)

yes great pictures cherryghost. it's good to see the animals are enjoying it too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

netweather.

am looking on nw as well and can't see about it..what forum?

I just have a feeling - though I could be wrong... still, best to be optimistic! Why, what do you think? Are we getting snow in Dublin or not? ;)

I think you are exactly right. I really think we will. But then Im a big gob****e when it comes to snow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

A couple of pics I took on my phone this morning..

012oa.jpg

017ld.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

should i expect much snow tonight???? worried because snow has turned to slush at front of house on pavements but there in back.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

very xmasy harp:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

RTE are saying that the heavy snow showers will sweep nationwide later on tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement