Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (20/12/09) (Heavy snow showers spreading south)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Its windy up here in Letterkenny but we have no snow or rain.Was really mild earlier,I was out in a t-shirt no problem,couldent believe it. Just hope we get more snow tonight!

Its a very light sleet here, hardly a drop, but the snow from last night is starting to freeze.

Waiting in bated breathe here.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

stebishop wrote: »
    redez.jpg

Come on snow! :o

Don't like the look of that for my area, if its on a straight southerly track its going to go straight through the midlands :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Fionagus wrote: »
    Roads & paths glassy with frost and ice. Clear starry sky. No sign of snow yet but fingers crossed!!

Snow has stopped here, but remains cloudy, yet frosty. -0.1c at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

nice to see that activity near the mayo coast is now increasing and is heading towards Clare and Galway. Hopefully it doesn't fizzle out. Last few radar udpates it has been getting more intense

Web_radar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Almost here!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Unless there is a polar low tonight all Dublin and Wicklow is gonna see is a little increased cloudiness, yer kidding yerself folks if you expect more tonight.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Supercell wrote: »
    Unless there is a polar low tonight all Dublin and Wicklow is gonna see is a little increased cloudiness, yer kidding yerself folks if you expect more tonight.

such negativity however true will not be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Don't like the look of that for my area, if its on a straight southerly track its going to go straight through the midlands :(

Which is a good thing.......for me, sorry, but I wnat teh snow!11!!1 :p

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    nice to see that activity near the mayo coast is now increasing and is heading towards Clare and Galway. Hopefully it doesn't fizzle out. Last few radar udpates it has been getting more intense

Web_radar.gif

Nacho must be getting plastered by now!

Yes I think those latest images confirm that. Ah well, back to being shot to bits on Modern Warfare 2 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Damn, you're not supposed to say that out loud. "Yer wrecking me buzz!" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

bah humbug to you too, lol, only kidding
    I feel it might just make it to me, please
    maybe its more hope than any logic in that prediction:D

Which is a good thing.......for me, sorry, but I wnat teh snow!11!!1 :p

Well I won't begrudge anyone their snow.

Feckers. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Any encouraging signs on the sat loop of that low forming?

This first band is reasonably slow moving and looks to be keeping its strength decently, will give the north midlands, north leinster a few cms i think.. maybe push on down to Dublin even, but we will see. Cloud should reach Dublin around 0000 by my reckonings.

Lucan here again, feck it, Im going to stay up till 12 so, see what happens. I burned my hand a while ago, and Id love to plunge it into cold snow. Serves me right for butchering a giant toblerone with a hot knife..

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

Mullingar Jury: Freezing, calm and no more snow yet. Heres hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Nacho must be getting plastered by now!

raintoday.co.uk shows you are about to see some snow yourself deep in the next 15 mins

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Judging by raintoday.co.uk its breaking up, probably won't get much here in offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Jake1 wrote: »
    I burned my hand a while ago, and Id love to plunge it into cold snow. Serves me right for butchering a giant toblerone with a hot knife..

One of the most awesome things I have read on boards recently.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yep, just starting to snow here. the snow from today didnt melt at all, so we're getting another layer :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Serves me right for butchering a giant toblerone with a hot knife..

Haha, sorry, but its funny :D

Lucan here again, feck it, Im going to stay up till 12 so, see what happens. I burned my hand a while ago, and Id love to plunge it into cold snow. Serves me right for butchering a giant toblerone with a hot knife..

I hope you see something Jake. It is not out of the bounds of possibilty that you will, although these are very tricky and unpredictable situations.

Sounds like a Damien Hirst work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

The talk in my area is how wrong the forecast was, met eireann living up to expectation again, still pissing rain in Donegal :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

yes still snowing here paddy1 and sticking goodo:D :D:D

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    raintoday.co.uk shows you are about to see some snow yourself deep in the next 15 mins

*runs to the front door...*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

its going to take time tonight folks this band is only very slowly transferring south, my advice is to go to bed.

The first band doesnt looks like making it to Dublin but has made it quite far east and as the whole system moves south i am sure something will.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Yea, looks like its going to spread accross Galway alright.

I' love to see some here before I go to bed, I've to drive to Dublin at 5am so I hope it's not too bad either.

It's frozen solid here in Swords, Nth Co. Dublin at the moment. If we do see any flakes tonight there's no doubt it will stick. Would make for an 'interesting' commute to Sandyford.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Got up and back to Dublin without any major hassle anyway, worst stretch of road is around Roscrea/Nenagh where there is a nice bit of lying snow on the ground. The roads will be lethal in parts when that freezes over.

Currently, its snowing very lightly here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement