Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (20/12/09) (Heavy snow showers spreading south)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Here's my contribution to the 1000 posts in 24 hrs lol

We've just had 3 big loud rumbles of thunder in Buncrana in Donegal. Don't think that means anything exciting except - it's thundering lol. Snow was amazing last night - lots of it and it was calm, fluffy and Christmasy :) . But it all melted today. Had the white effect due to some heavy hail showers this evening but thats been it. Looks like it might have passed us over now but holding on to positivity and hope I will jump out of bed in the morning to see if we've got a lovely white landscape once again.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Will there be a new thread made now,As it's Monday?:pac:

Aww, no, we're not a million miles away from 1,000 posts :eek:

C'mon, everyone post once with an update.

Clear & cold with dangerous road conditions in West Limerick.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

ardmacha wrote: »
    If Horslips can come back, so can the snow!

True, I haven't given up hope... I have to see a repeat of 82!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

new precip forecast shows the snow doesnt quite make it to dublin (city) but it sure gets close
    3hr-rain.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Pangea wrote: »
    Take a joke dude :P

I forgot the smily :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Rodar08 wrote: »

We've just had 3 big loud rumbles of thunder in Buncrana in Donegal. Don't think that means anything exciting except - it's thundering lol.

Brilliant! Sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Or in February this year...
    mad DIY wrote: »
    Someone obviously wasn't around in 1982, not in Ireland anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

no snow here in north kilkenny since yesterday evening,its freezing cold here.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Or in February this year...

No comparison :p

Ooohh scary thunder and lightening now ..... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

dry , calm and ummm cold in louisburgh, co. mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kopp

Very Icy....bitterly cold in Dublin 14 area. Sky is clear.....gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

what does the 1000th poster win btw?

a toblerone?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Heavy frost here in Waterford City with a temp of -2.1 now. Night all hope you get the snow your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ah that is why our dog freaked out; she heard it.

It is still beautiful up here; and the snow we have had and still have is greatly appreciated.

No complaints here.

We've just had 3 big loud rumbles of thunder in Buncrana in Donegal. Don't think that means anything exciting except - it's thundering lol. Snow was amazing last night - lots of it and it was calm, fluffy and Christmasy :) . But it all melted today. Had the white effect due to some heavy hail showers this evening but thats been it. Looks like it might have passed us over now but holding on to positivity and hope I will jump out of bed in the morning to see if we've got a lovely white landscape once again.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Lightning in Letterkenny now..doubt that means anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

still snowing moycullen galway just wondering if it has reached the city its not very heavy but is giving a bit of a covering

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Think Il stop posting on the weather forum until I actually get a bit of snow , its exhausting waiting and very dissapointing
    Good night to all and to all a good night ,Im away to play fifa 10 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Harps wrote: »
    Lightning in Letterkenny now..doubt that means anything?
    should be followed by thunder!

Honestly, it means it is most likely piddling down something or other somewhere close to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

There seems to be a band of snow/rain moving down from the North coast at the moment. I'm no expert when it comes to forecasting weather but I'd say your chances have increased anyways :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 keith194

sean555: still snowing moycullen galway just wondering if it has reached the city

Not yet. Its very cloudy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

cold + clear skys in Dublin 16

Graces7 wrote: »
    Ah that is why our dog freaked out; she heard it.

It is still beautiful up here; and the snow we have had and still have is greatly appreciated.

No complaints here.

Aw poor little doggy. I always feel sorry for them as its much louder for them than us. Enjoy your snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it looks as if it's just going to stay cloudy now before eventually clearing to give a sharp frost for the rest of the night. i wonder will the southerly moisture on the 26th lose its pep once it moves inland:pac:

i'd happily - well, reluctantly - take a month of a bartlett high after this cold spell, or day upon day of mild southerlies, if we then got an epic event in January or February. an epic event, from my perspective, would be a foot of lieing snow.

RainToday has completely lost the faith. The midnight frame shows nothing anywhere :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I think the south could get a dusting tonight.. Winds have picked up and using my limited research it looks like snow.

hieusat.gif

WEB_radar_200912202345.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Heavy rain - sigh!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

Lots of lightening here in West Donegal, its moving away to the south now. Power interupts, computer resets etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Cork City Centre is very cold with a clear sky and a very heavy frost, usually heavy for Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

sean555 wrote: »
    still snowing moycullen galway just wondering if it has reached the city its not very heavy but is giving a bit of a covering

Nope nothing yet

Correction it just started raining

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement