Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (20/12/09) (Heavy snow showers spreading south)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

This thread started about 9.10 am so you night owls can break the 1000 no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not so little and this one has a major thunder-phobia... She is right now trying to break the door down. Time for meds!!

Rodar08 wrote: »
    Aw poor little doggy. I always feel sorry for them as its much louder for them than us. Enjoy your snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

C'mon lets go for the Grand !

So... Let me get this right... It isn't actually snowing anywhere right now??? Ummm met eireann have outdone themselves this time !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

Correction it just started raining
    strange when rain today has you down as snow

• Advertisement

If this was yesterdays thread we would be well over the grand by now with some eejit asking "is it going to snow in limerick" 200 times :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

sean555 wrote: »
    Correction it just started raining
    strange when rain today has you down as snow

Think someone said here a while ago it actually doesnt know what it is, but uses the local forecast to tell. But it does seem to occassionally show two different types of precip in the one area :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

The 0000 updates from the NRA website are showing temperatures to be pretty stable in the Munster region. Now if only a few more showers would materialise.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Letterkenny was subjected to numerous fights last night-early morning as clubs emptied. The main street was a battle ground for many drunken revellers!

As said,you know its a good night when it ends in a snowball fight in Letterkennys' main street:D

Well they had snow, only difference I can see from that report.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Seems to have turned to rain everywhere then?

At least we dont have to be jelous if thats the case!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

irish1967 wrote: »
    If this was yesterdays thread we would be well over the grand by now with some eejit asking "is it going to snow in limerick" 200 times :)

:D

True, but then he went and got himself banned:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

no snow here only whats left from last night hoping it blows down form galway its only 50 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it has started up again here but it's sleety. frig sake. :mad:

Precip approaching Dublin?
    http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

Maybe if they hadn't banned him:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Tactical wrote: »
    The 0000 updates from the NRA website are showing temperatures to be pretty stable in the Munster region. Now if only a few more showers would materialise.
    they are on their way tactical. Next hr clare/limerick(particularly west limerick)/north kerry/north tipp should see some action

image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=ir

Harps wrote: »
    Seems to have turned to rain everywhere then?

At least we dont have to be jelous if thats the case!

Reports from Roscommon town please ! RainToday is back, and indicating the main snow action is about to hit there - if there is any snow action...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

No snow in Letterkenny,although some nasty looking clouds have brought some amazing if sparse lighting over the mountains!Hopefully snow will follow behind it!

On top of that we had a small plane flying around at a few hundred metres that was lost. He must of got struck by lighting and lost GPS. Got n his way now.

Could well be up here; too cold to go out and look!!

But it has snowed hard up here today.. only 3 miles from you.
    So... Let me get this right... It isn't actually snowing anywhere right now??? Ummm met eireann have outdone themselves this time !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kopp

Mech1 wrote: »

That is a very cool link man...fair play :D

use the slider at top of page.

Mech1 wrote: »

Probably not amounting to anything, as RainToday has it in very light red, which from following the action on Friday, seems to indicate precip that does not reach the ground. But, I live in hope, still...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Graces7 wrote: »
    Maybe if they hadn't banned him:)

aawwww I almost miss him...............

........no wait actually I dont;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Lots of lightening here in West Donegal, its moving away to the south now. Power interupts, computer resets etc.

Yeah, I saw 2x flashes of lightning over the Ballyshannon/Donegal area from the house here (Just outside Enniskillen) Quite spectacular!! First one was at 00.17 and the second at 00.19.
    Could anyone explane what's going on please and why there is lightning/thunder during snow??

As for current conditions here... the sound of snow very slowly melting and dripping from the trees, other than that no snow!! Just a clear starry night - with dark clouds on the horison over Ballyshannon/Donegal area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

No snow in Letterkenny,although some nasty looking clouds have brought some amazing if sparse lighting over the mountains!Hopefully snow will follow behind it!

On top of that we had a small plane flying around at a few hundred metres that was lost. He must of got struck by lighting and lost GPS. Got n his way now.

Yeah thought I heard a plane flying very low a while ago, seemed to pass my house about 5 times

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    they are on their way tactical. Next hr clare/limerick(particularly west limerick)/north kerry/north tipp should see some action

Right, I'm putting the kettle on again for another mug of coffee, poking my head out of the window for a look at what's still outside just in case it rains instead of snows.

The little traffic that's out is crawling, will be crazy in the morning .

If there is anything I enjoy as much if not more than snow it's thunder. Mmmmmm 1986.... best ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Harps wrote: »
    Yeah thought I heard a plane flying very low a while ago, seemed to pass my house about 5 times

The Gardai had got numerous calls regarding it,he had the cockpit light on.Must have been looking at his map and taking Letterkenny,Kilmac and Ramelton as reference points. Must have been looking for Carrickfinn,he flew into the lighting clouds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

WolfeIRE wrote: »

image.ashx?country=gb&type=slide&time=&index=1&sat=ir

I'd stay up if theres hope :D Temp at .3c quite close to me..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement