Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (20/12/09) (Heavy snow showers spreading south)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Just been a flurry of snow here in Dundalk. Still cloudy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Graces7 wrote: »
    Could well be up here; too cold to go out and look!!

But it has snowed hard up here today.. only 3 miles from you.

Yikes !! U know where I live. It's your round in O'Neills then!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Good luck to the poor aviator

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Still keeping the dusting of snow from the back of the occlusion last night. But nothing has fallen here since. The radar is a mockery of snow loves anywhere within 20 miles of me. Except south armagh:P

Ah, god be with the days of the Beasterly. But the last couple of years have been okay so I won't complain too much.

Been studying radar and satellite data etc and I'm fancying myself for a small amount of snow tonight. But nothing beyond Louth/Meath as far as Leinster is concerned. The LP is cutting across Scotland too much and it's going to slice through NI into the Irish Sea. Happy days for those in North Wales:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

the sleet has turned back to snow and is falling at a reasonable rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Snowing again here, quite heavy too.

Just to give people an idea of the amount of snow we've had (almost 2 inches has fallen in the past 5 hours) I just took this picture of our birdhouse which is about to fall apart with the weight of the snow (it's rotten anyways):
    8264C2A0DBE74A5DAC51ED244AC96710-500.jpg
    Notice the size of the snow flakes falling at the moment as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

the sleet has turned back to snow and is falling at a reasonable rate.

Nacho,:confused: where exactly is the fires of hell....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We dread it with this dog. She totally freaks out. Distressing and exhausting for all. She almost died in the summer from sheer terror.

She has quietened thankfully so it miust have passed.
    irish1967 wrote: »
    If there is anything I enjoy as much if not more than snow it's thunder. Mmmmmm 1986.... best ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

I'm just back from the McCartney gig in the Point. What's been happening? Seems like more cloud is about now and there might be a chance of something? Have things changed? I wasn't expecting much tonight. -0.4 here with a DP of -2. Lots of hoare frost ont he ground though. Very nasty driving night out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

LOL, distant memories! LOL It was my Dads shout unfortunately, but I used to be 6/7 miles from there.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

the snow is starting to stick again. i'm glad i stayed up:D

7 miles from O'Neills now right at the top ....2 as the crow flies.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Nacho,:confused: where exactly is the fires of hell....

i hope you never have to find that out:pac:

I live in Mayo.

we are getting closer to the magic figure.

perhaps it's time for a joke:
    The Principal of an elementary school went into a kindergarten classroom with all the a pack of Life Savers and told the kids, "I am going to give you all the same flavor and if you can tell me what it is then you will all get a prize." He gave them all Honey, and didn't tell them what flavor it was. The kids ate them and no one knew what kind of flavor they were, so he said, "Here I will give you a clue, your mother might call your father this."
    Little Johnny stands on a chair and shouts, "Everyone spit them out, it's asshole flavoured!"

The Principal of an elementary school went into a kindergarten classroom with all the a pack of Life Savers and told the kids, "I am going to give you all the same flavor and if you can tell me what it is then you will all get a prize." He gave them all Honey, and didn't tell them what flavor it was. The kids ate them and no one knew what kind of flavor they were, so he said, "Here I will give you a clue, your mother might call your father this."
    Little Johnny stands on a chair and shouts, "Everyone spit them out, it's asshole flavoured!"

most random post ever....lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

The Gardai had got numerous calls regarding it,he had the cockpit light on.Must have been looking at his map and taking Letterkenny,Kilmac and Ramelton as reference points. Must have been looking for Carrickfinn,he flew into the lighting clouds!

I think it found Carrickfin about half hour ago. I heard a plane fly in over the house, only about a mile from the airport here.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Looking like Galway might see a bit of snow action around mid-morning "Snow"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I'm disgusted! :mad: This, once decent thread has decended into anarchy and off topic postings on toblerones, hot knifes, jokes and banned members all in the persuit of reaching a silly figure!!

(one closer to the 1000 mark now! :D hehe)

oh, and its -0.2c here and -1.1DP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Clear night with heavy frost temp is a chilly -3.1c :eek: in Waterford City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Not looking good for Dublin now. That next area of (apparently) snow looks like it's about to fizzle out at Granard like the last one did:(

• Advertisement

well i'm not getting any tonight...........:(

I'm talking about snow obvious...ly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I think it found Carrickfin about half hour ago. I heard a plane fly in over the house, only about a mile from the airport here.

Glad to hear!Crappy weather to be stuck in!

Random joke:

An old priest was dying and when asked for his final wish he said he wanted Brian Cowen and Brian Lenihan either side of him.His wish was granted and when asked by Mr Cowen why he wanted Mr Lenihan and himself either side of him the priest replied:

"I wanted to die like Jesus,2 robbing b@stards either side of me!":pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

the latest precip forecast up to 3am shows that dublin may be in with a shout. I don't really think this map is accurate at the bets of times though. So don'tlose hope.

3hr-rain.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Ha haaaa!!!! v.good. I don't think I'm entitled to the 1000th crown as I haven't contributed anything worthwhile so my vote goes to either .... deepeasterly, weathercheck, nacho or one of you other greats lol.

on a side note, god love the poor wwi guy that got banned .... I think I would positively die if I got banned from here. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

MUSEIST wrote: »
    well i'm not getting any tonight...........:(

Take that to the Personal Issues forum.......jeez! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Guess what time 1000th post will hit?
    my guess 01.28.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Seriously, Is there any hope for a good bit of snow in south dublin around the rathfarnham area?!!
    Please give me some Good News!!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Quick q's . Which is better high or low cloud cover for snow ?

Ah but is's fun...

WISH they hadn;t mentioned Toblerone though...

I hear something outside..

Thought Irish had sent rain up here, but it's the old grapeshot..

I'm disgusted! :mad: This, once decent thread has decended into anarchy and off topic postings on toblerones, hot knifes, jokes and banned members all in the persuit of reaching a silly figure!!

(one closer to the 1000 mark now! :D hehe)

oh, and its -0.2c here and -1.1DP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

mad DIY wrote: »
    Not looking good for Dublin now. That next area of (apparently) snow looks like it's about to fizzle out at Granard like the last one did:(

And just as I write that it peps up again on RainToday ! Question is though, is it actually snow ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement