Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (20/12/09) (Heavy snow showers spreading south)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

I'm surprised that temperatures in Munster (based on NRA data) haven't dropped lower given the clear skies we've had for most of the night. Not expecting the 0100 data to show too much change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

The first and last white xmas I remember was 2004, and that caught me by surprise! There was talk of there being snow but I thought 'what, snow!? on Christmas day, hah......ehhh.....no!'. But, what a surprise it was even if it did only last a few hours.

I do remember one Christmas eve night yearssssssss back, maybe about 1990 or so, there being sleet (that same night I woke up late to get up and go look out the window to see if it had turned to snow only to be met by a very annoyed mom whom wouldnt let me enter the dining room.......guess all the toys were there! haha).

Who knows, maybe we'll get something decent this year, even a bit of transitional stuff would do I guess! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

mad DIY wrote: »
    Hmm, that pepped up 'snow' shower that was looking Dublin bound appears to have taken a sudden left turn at Granard and is now heading for Meath.

Looking good for Navan so?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

We're getting closer... to the 1000th post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Must....resist..urge to.......point out inuendo in above.......post...... and not refer this user to PI also.........:pac:

Really .... CrappyBoy1978...enlighten me please....?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Yes!! it's snowing here now:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 snow plow

mad DIY wrote: »
    Hmm, that pepped up 'snow' shower that was looking Dublin bound appears to have taken a sudden left turn at Granard and is now heading for Meath.

do you think we will get any snow tonight ? :D

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

STOP PRESS

Cat-explorer has returned.. Grapeshot it is mixed with shiny rain..

Sparkly cat..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭highdef

Clear here in D13 - temp is at 0.8. I doubt there'll be any snow here :-(

Woo Hoo - 1000th post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Who got it?
    Snow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

:D

nnnnnnooooooooooooooooooo,
    i waited 15 minutes for this moment and it has been stolen from me:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

1224261043501_1.jpg

A motorist inches along the Dunlewey to Letterkenny road in Co Donegal yesterday against a backdrop of snow-covered Errigal mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

As expected the 0100 NRA data shows no real change in air temps.

Ballyvourney & Macroom in Co. Cork are pretty cold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

1000th post Yay!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

1000!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    started to snow here. Settling on previous total [just a dusting]. Radar looks like we might get 10 mins orm so. Gonna take it in and then off to bed. Hope it makes its way across the estuary to limerick, kerry lads. night all.

goodnight WolfeIRE. may your dreams be white ones. i hope there is no innuendo in this post:p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

EUREKA

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

-1.2 in monastereving, icy... but want snow

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

OK Here's one:Four nuns died and went to heaven. When they got there, St. Peter said, "Ok, now whatever sins you have ever committed will be forgiven if you cleans yourself with the holy water. Just confess your sins to me first."

He asked the first nun, "What sin have you committed?"

She was embarrassed and said, "Well, the only sin I have ever committed was, I kissed a man one time."

St. Peter said, "That is ok. Just was your lips in the holy water and you may walk into heaven."

So she did and went into heaven.

St. Peter asked the second nun what she had done to sin.

The second one was even more embarrassed and said, "Well, I touched a mans penis one time."

He said, "That is perfectly ok. Just wash your hands in the holy water and you may go into heaven."

Now the last two nuns were fighting.

St. Peter asked what the problem was.

Sister Mary said "I'm f***ed if I'm drinking that water after she sticks her a**e in it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

No snow in dublin 15 but thinking of having an ice skating competition out here tomorrow :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭highdef

Did I get it? If so, I wasn't even trying. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

paulhac wrote: »
    OK Here's one:Four nuns died and went to heaven. When they got there, St. Peter said, "Ok, now whatever sins you have ever committed will be forgiven if you cleans yourself with the holy water. Just confess your sins to me first."

He asked the first nun, "What sin have you committed?"

She was embarrassed and said, "Well, the only sin I have ever committed was, I kissed a man one time."

St. Peter said, "That is ok. Just was your lips in the holy water and you may walk into heaven."

So she did and went into heaven.

St. Peter asked the second nun what she had done to sin.

The second one was even more embarrassed and said, "Well, I touched a mans penis one time."

He said, "That is perfectly ok. Just wash your hands in the holy water and you may go into heaven."

Now the last two nuns were fighting.

St. Peter asked what the problem was.

Sister Mary said "I'm f***ed if I'm drinking that water after she sticks her a**e in it...

what has this thread descended to..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dunne.Drift

Whats the chances of snow for dublin? like a good down pour that will stick??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Graces7 wrote: »
    EUREKA

You get snow or just solve a tough math equation?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Dry cold and very icy here
    Clear skies
    Wicklow/Wexford border

Temp -1.4
    DP -1.8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Going back to something I commented on a while back with BBC NI forecast depicting a flow towards the south west over the Irish sea, I see the remains of the first shower band has got to the Irish sea, and appears to have suddenly changed direction to travel back in land in a south westerly direction. What's going on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Looking like a heavy band of rain/snow heading towards me in Enniskillen!!:D
    Whats the weather doing in Dongeal at the moment for those who live in the area?? Any more lightning or thunder??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Snow getting heavy now and is sticking to everything:D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

highdef wrote: »
    Did I get it? If so, I wasn't even trying. :P

Congrats!
    I was about 7 posts late.........whos up for 2000?! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just at work (Limerick) and went outside. Thin covering of snow/ice on the roads(car park) Totally frozen and the cars are totally frozen over.

Hope it snows some more

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement