Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (20/12/09) (Heavy snow showers spreading south)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Amen; time good souls were asleep

Good night...
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    what has this thread descended to..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Looking good for Navan so?

If it is actually snow, and it doesnt fizzle out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Well, I'm calling it a night! See y'all in the 'prison' forum tomorrow as it might be the only forum we can post in! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

danni2 wrote: »
    Snow getting heavy now and is sticking to everything:D

nice one danni2. your patience has been rewarded:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Can you just imagine the post count if we got a decent countrywide covering of snow :eek:

I'm off out for a last look at it and perhaps a quick slide down the drive and along the road just for the heck of it (in case its all gone when I surface in the morning):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Looking like a heavy band of rain/snow heading towards me in Enniskillen!!:D
    Whats the weather doing in Dongeal at the moment for those who live in the area?? Any more lightning or thunder??

Nothing at the moment, hasnt even been any rain for a good hour or so. Last thunder was 12.30 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Whats the weather doing in Dongeal at the moment for those who live in the area?? Any more lightning or thunder??

Nope,none with me anyway,although lots of very low lying cloud around.

Well, I'm calling it a night! See y'all in the 'prison' forum tomorrow as it might be the only forum we can post in! :p

goodnight, and thanks for the laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

mad DIY wrote: »
    If it is actually snow, and it doesnt fizzle out.

Please god it will snow. Really want to build a snowman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Tactical wrote: »
    Can you just imagine the post count if we got a decent countrywide covering of snow :eek:

wow, this place would be in meltdown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

I'm off out for a last look at it and perhaps a quick slide down the drive and along the road just for the heck of it (in case its all gone when I surface in the morning):D

Well i wouldnt be posting if we got a good covering

In feb i was out making snowmen at 2am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

In North Dublin here, roads are super dangerous! Car sliding all over the road in the estate.

No snow though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

the 1000 post and the general asendence into chaos OF this thread is only naturally when you spend a whole week at your computer waiting for some f***ing SNOW.

snow snow snow... i feel like taking off all my clothes, running outside and singing snow snow snow,

i see dead snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭mad DIY

danni2 wrote: »
    Yes!! it's snowing here now:D:D

Well that's good news as it confirms that the showers coming across are actually snow, as I was about to ask based on raintoday was it snowing for anyone in Offaly. The better news for Dublin is that if the Offaly showers dont fizzle out, they will probably turn left as well and then be heading for Dublin.

Now, how many pages have appeared while I've been writing this.....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Yeah it stopped for a while but it's just returned. Oh, I'm a little scared :eek: lol

the 1000 post and the general asendence into chaos OF this thread is only naturally when you spend a whole week at your computer waiting for some f***ing SNOW.

snow snow snow... i feel like taking off all my clothes, running outside and singing snow snow snow,

i see dead snow.

I know exactly how you feel....lol

dead snow is rain btw:D ....cough....im losing my mind.

Rodar08 wrote: »
    Yeah it stopped for a while but it's just returned. Oh, I'm a little scared :eek: lol

Where abouts are you if you dont mind me asking?(Which part of the county,not which room your in:p )

Clear skies here now. i wonder is that it for the night then. this might be the appropriate time to call it a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

redsunset wrote: »
    1224261043501_1.jpg

A motorist inches along the Dunlewey to Letterkenny road in Co Donegal yesterday against a backdrop of snow-covered Errigal mountain

Ws wondering. Thought it was Laois.

Wondering when did Errigal move to the Midlands.

If only you had a pic of the the Glen.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

i think we should all call it a night, take a mild sedative and perhaps pop in to your local G.P or therapist in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

Where abouts are you if you dont mind me asking?(Which part of the county,not which room your in:p )

Ha ha, well considering your name is Local Womanizer I'm glad you're not asking which room :pac:. Buncrana. Thundering and lightening still ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

nice one danni2. your patience has been rewarded:)
    Cheers nacho, I know it's been a long wait but im glad the snow finally came, stop snowing now but hopefully i'll see a bit more overnight:)

i think we should all call it a night, take a mild sedative and perhaps pop in to your local G.P or therapist in the morning.

thats the most constructive comment I've heard all night,
    I'm off aswell, sooooooooo tired

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Already done that there a few mins ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

redsunset wrote: »
    1224261043501_1.jpg

A motorist inches along the Dunlewey to Letterkenny road in Co Donegal yesterday against a backdrop of snow-covered Errigal mountain

LOL, More snow here!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still nothing here in the east, the showers keep dying out into thin air before they get here so i think thats it for the night. The big band up north is already shrinking, i doubt it will reach here.
    I'd rather we just get this cold spell out of the way now and hopefully the beast from the east will happen sometime january/february.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Ha ha, well considering your name is Local Womanizer I'm glad you're not asking which room :pac:. Buncrana. Thundering and lightening still ....

Cheers Local-Womanizer, Harps and Rodar08 for quick replies!! ;)

Just looked out here @ Enniskillen, and clouds have spilled in from Donegal/Ballyshannon now. Should expect to see snow/sleet/rain soon!!

Jayus,if thats an offer I'll pop around;):p

No lighting up here,letterkenny,all the ejiits in cars are now handbraking across our road though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Worst day ever, got rejected by a university in england and its pouring rain outside :(

Looks like claremorris got a top up
    http://www.irishtrivia.com/clarecam.htm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement