Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (20/12/09) (Heavy snow showers spreading south)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

I don't want to sound flippant but what disturbed me was the death of at least 15 homeless people who froze to death in Poland. What disturbed me even more was watching middle class drop outs, doing da dreadlock ting yeah.., protesting about Climate Change all wrapped up in their expensive gear while real people with no one to fight or speak up them die from the cold in horrific circumstances. :(

The world we live is fecking crazy sometimes. :(:(:(

just watching BBC news 24 and there's now 19 dead.sad

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Where abouts in Navan are ya?

mid way between navan and kells

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

redsunset wrote: »
    just watching BBC news 24 and there's now 19 dead.sad

Those lot protesting in Copenhagen are tools! I'm delighted to see them getting a bit of hassle from the police. I do think we have to account in some way for global warming but I think these idiots are nutters and should be all sent home.

Snowing here now... off out for a look :D

Right I'm turning in for the night! Take care. Probably won't be on here much over the next few days as Christmas starts for me tomorrow! Happy Christmas to all and wishing you a great 2010 and lots of interesting weather events! Thanks for the fun and enjoyment and information throughout the year!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Right now, started oooh, about 30 seconds ago in Ballymun at least :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Snowed some more in Limerick! (Castletroy)

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Just a light dusting of snow here. You wouldn't get excited by it that's for sure. Another miss then, for this part of the world.

Some more certainty now as regards the weather over Christmas, it is going to be milder on Christmas Day and St Stephens day as the mild Atlantic wins the battle. It does not look like we'll see any major snowfall from the transition either which contradicts earlier models. But it can still change,though getting less likely too each passing day.

One thing though, before we get there, we are going to see some very sharp frosts and possibly a couple of 'ice' days for inland counties during this week.

Its going to be a very interesting drive home!

The ground froze and now there is a layer of snow on top.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

only a very light dusting here.off to work in the city now and dreading the drive.the roads looking deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Barely anything here in Mayo after the expectation of a nice few heavy showers during the night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

More snow fell here during the night, so a good few inches in total. Result.

ch750536 wrote: »

Good to hear (enjoy). My granddad lives out that way, heres hoping he puts a fire on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

A light dusting here in Trim

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Went to bed and there was a heavy frost outside expected to see a little snow this morning, woke up to find the frost is even gone:eek: that's it i'm ringing the guards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Went to bed and there was a heavy frost outside expected to see a little snow this morning, woke up to find the frost is even gone:eek: that's it i'm ringing the guards

ha you dnt know how bad i feel when i missed out on 20cm of snow just because of the ground beibng wet antrim got 20cm of snow all the way through and many cars have crashed none here all because of the sun yesterday:mad::mad::mad: ahhh!!! also the mountain behind me must have 10 inches on it by now! ugh!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

ch750536 wrote: »

You lucky ducker! All we have here is frost (just).

99602.jpg
    99603.jpg
    99604.jpg

We do well with precip here. First bit of elevation on the west coast so it pretty much always rains.

On the plus side we've had decent enough snow with pretty much every event of the last 5 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Not too sure if it's been snowing in Waterford. Just went out to turn on the car and the whole thing is frozen over! Had to give the door a good pull just to get it open. The temperature sensor said -4C. I'm going to have to be very careful on the way home; I have a feeling driving in these conditions after an 11 hour night shift isn't the best way to start your week!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Light bit of snow in parts of Offaly last night, N52 was very bad in parts. M6 and M4 were grand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Please take care and be safe.
    Anyone who is driving please mind the roads-
    Its too close to christmas.......

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Aww. Take a run up here; utter beauty and no rain.
    Pangea wrote: »
    Worst day ever, got rejected by a university in england and its pouring rain outside :(

Looks like claremorris got a top up
    http://www.irishtrivia.com/clarecam.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Not too sure if it's been snowing in Waterford. Just went out to turn on the car and the whole thing is frozen over! Had to give the door a good pull just to get it open. The temperature sensor said -4C. I'm going to have to be very careful on the way home; I have a feeling driving in these conditions after an 11 hour night shift isn't the best way to start your week!

Morning all.Yeah the frost is unreal here in Waterford.it's like snow so thick. Temp is a ball breaking -4.9c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭paddybar

1 and 3/4 hours to drive 37 miles.The back roads are covered in a sheet of ice but the main cork limerick road seems to have been treated.No sign of anything more than a light dusting between Doneraile and the city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Morning report from Celbridge, no snow, nothing... just a bad frost. Gutted, think the dream is over now!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

"tis so.... can you imagine being outside in this?

All we each can do is all; I am upset re missing the sale as that was funds for the homeless; look no further than our own cities this week. There will be deaths here too..

Supporting the people who work with this is the best way of Christmas.
    I don't want to sound flippant but what disturbed me was the death of at least 15 homeless people who froze to death in Poland. What disturbed me even more was watching middle class drop outs, doing da dreadlock ting yeah.., protesting about Climate Change all wrapped up in their expensive gear while real people with no one to fight or speak up them die from the cold in horrific circumstances. :(

The world we live is fecking crazy sometimes. :(:(:(

a biit of snow here a really hard frost with temp around -2c so if any snow falls today it will lay!

• Advertisement

just looked out -2c and all the rain snow is frozen hard so anything that falls today is sure to lie and mountain above me has 10 inches!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement