Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (20/12/09) (Heavy snow showers spreading south)

Options
1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Pangea wrote: »
    Your husband is mad driving in that! :)

Thankfully he wasn't the mad one driving, he got a lift, he has the kinda job where he really really has to turn up :o was worried sick until i heard that they got there okay. it took them 1 hour to do whats normally a 25 min journey:mad:

I am staying put myself today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

Light covering of snow in Clare. Temp 2.1, but looks a hard frosty day

http://www.quinweather.com/wxwebcam.php

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭paulhac

Danno wrote: »
    For those of you in the South and East, and west Donegal... this is for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QNYj61wMRI
    I've been singing that for the past 4 days!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Danno wrote: »
    For those of you in the South and East, and west Donegal... this is for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QNYj61wMRI

Good one Danno:D:rolleyes:.
    It looked very like snow for the last half hour but the bloody sun is just coming out now:mad:.Plenty of frost though!!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Snow just isn't sticking here,Which is quite annoying as alot is coming down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Drove from Waterford to Kilkenny just now.

Estate like an ice rink at home, slow on backroads, ice and thick fog at the toll plaza :eek: - car showing -4 at the start of the journey.

Temps started rising around Ballyhale since there was cloud cover. Three degrees above in KK with a lot of frost melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Schools are all closed here as well, I'd say we've had about 3 inches so far. The roads are an absolute mess and look like skating rinks:
    B3FD5CB7B0804454B6765AE9B64FBA48-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

It's looking increasingly unlikely - those showers are dying out over the midlands. Anyway, a northerly never delivers in the Dublin area, I've only once ever seen snow from a northerly in Dublin and that was the end of Dec 2000.
    Things are looking bleak in eastern areas- a good easterly seems to have gone the same way as the dinosaurs- complete extinction!

I think we had some in Blanchardstown from a northerly just a few years ago. Nothing spectacular, but it did give a small covering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement