Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (20/12/09) (Heavy snow showers spreading south)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

nat00_weather.png?1251

20 December 2009 10:38

Today

Bright or sunny periods and hail, sleet and snow showers. Showers widespread across the north and west of the country with drifting snow likely in the strong winds. Only isolated showers in the east and south and many areas here will be dry. Very cold everywhere with temperatures getting no higher than 1 to 4 degrees

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'd be very surprised if we see 1 flake here in the meath/dublin regions between now and christmas day. Looks like things warm up from Christmas day onwards. Patchy frost on the ground here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well folks, after a late night up, I awoke at midday to find Longford covered in a blanket of snow.

4199332881_e3edf5229a.jpg
    4200085328_d42441e1e9.jpg
    4199330557_1807a1fc70.jpg
    4199329543_d975bbe432.jpg
    4200082052_b0a68051cc.jpg
    4199328757_682732eeec.jpg
    4200086014_4f612dd457.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    lots heading Donegal way before 33hr-rain.gif

Excellent... I want chaos !! road closures, drifts, abandoned vehicles,power lines down... snow is like the other white stuff... one little sniff and you just HAVE to get more. I need snow and GOD is my dealer. Hope he is getting a new shipment in before 3pm. I think I need to overdose !! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

4200086014_4f612dd457.jpg
    That makes it look like you had 6feet of snow:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

lovely pictures from cherryghost.

Just starting to snow in Tipperary town now. Yipee!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

Rain...... yuck! Nice pics cherryghost

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

thanks all. its just started snowing again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Gonzo wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if we see 1 flake here in the meath/dublin regions between now and christmas day. Looks like things warm up from Christmas day onwards. Patchy frost on the ground here.

Do you not have snow on the ground? I'm not far from you and there is about 3mm (:pac:) of dry snow on the ground, pavements included.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭IMBACKLATER

light sleet /snow falling near louisburgh co. mayo.

finally!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Sweet fanny adams here. There is just too much sun! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Sweet fanny adams here. There is just too much sun! :(

the bag of snow offer still stands:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Nothing special here in south donegal, place is still white ,but there has been a bit of a thaw, wheres this blizzard and winds ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Pangea wrote: »
    Nothing special here in south donegal, place is still white ,but there has been a bit of a thaw, wheres this blizzard and winds ?

the snows coming tonight ... btw showers still snow here looks like anther snow showwer coming in...... meto has warning of 5-10cm tonight hopefully horrible if its just all frost and thawed snow tomorrow morning......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Organising themselves to the north i do believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

See AA roadwatch and the Gardai advisory.

http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/

There's a mail a way back also....

Take great care:)

dbyrne wrote: »
    just outside donegal town at the moment and going to take a walk down to the main road to see what the roads are like. I have to head back to dublin this afternoon, not looking forward to that. Going to go via sligo, leaving here about 2 or 3. has anyone done the journey or going to be going in a similar direction that can tell me what the roads are lile.
    Temp here is 2c, wind is 5kmh, dew is 1c, weather station has changed from snow symbol to rain. pressure us 997.8 from a high of 1008 here this morning.

the bag of snow offer still stands:pac:

:D

If you are coming down here you will need:

1. A strong sun block.
    2. Very strong sunglasses
    3. A very expensive cooling system to keep that bag 'o snow frozen.
    4. Plenty of fluid to keep your self hydrated in this god damn seering sun.
    5. A very strong will to live...

Okay, it is snowing now! Has gone very dark all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭nifheorais

Any snow in county Galway? :confused: NONE SO FAR IN gALWAY cITY BUT IS CLOUDING OVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hartenm

I have to say I'm extremely displeased by all these posts... I LOVE snow and here I am in Dublin city and not a SINGLE snowflake has fallen!!?

So unfair!!!!!!!! Can I expect snow here later on??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There you go then!!:)

quote=Deep Easterly;63582576]Okay, it is snowing now! Has gone very dark all of a sudden.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

blizzards are more likely on higher ground near the coast in west and northwest later on. . meanwhile i saw a flock of geese earlier they seemed to be complaing about cold the weather was flying.:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rc28 wrote: »
    Do you not have snow on the ground? I'm not far from you and there is about 3mm (:pac:) of dry snow on the ground, pavements included.

nothing at all, I live half way between dunshaughlin and ratoath.

What part of Galway are you in?:confused:

jaysus its bucketing down now. the road marks are gone now. will post more photos once i get out again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Coming down nicely here as well, I'm loving it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 hartenm

That's it... I'm going to Longford! Dublin weather is useless!!! Where's our snow????

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Just in after a snow fight with the wee fella here in Convoy. Light snow shower here. About an inch lying. Hoping its not going to thaw out much.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

All to Longford so!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wild handlin

Heavy snow shower here in Enniskillen from about 11.45 - 12.30 or so. Starting to thaw slowly now :(

Heard a faint rumble of thunder there around 13.00 or so, dark clouds on the horison over Donegal/North looking at it here. Roads have improved slighly since this morning's trechous conditions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement