Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Phone Sales Jargon...

• 20-12-2009 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,

I am hoping to buy a phone early new year. I am an academic, so ideally I would like to use if to synchronise email, read word/pdf documents, internet, and other general purpose activities.
    One of the problem I see is that when I seek advice from sales people they seem to contradict themselves a lot: “Ah that phone is flying out the door....but its not a great phone to text of write documents...but it’s a personal choice”. Although I agree, it is a ‘personal choice’, isn’t there any consensus out there that X phone is better than Y phone for the ‘average customer.
    I am currently a pay as you go customer with Vodafone. I enjoy the free calls and text to 087. However, I spend a lot of my time on the move, so I am out of my office a lot. I am considering moving over to bill phone. Meteor seem to have a relatively cheap option also. Many of the stores I walk into present some of the following:
    • Nokia E63
    • Nokia E71
    • Nokia E52
    • Blackberry 8520
    • Blackberry Storm
    • Blackberry Curve
    From the list provided, these are nice phones. However, with all the sales jargon, rapid fire round of waffle, I still walk away thinking, OK...so there all good?
    Have any of you got any personal experience with these phones, or something similar (or better) than those listed above. As a mobile phone user, I do not spend very long on the phone to text/call. I am also trying to consider the best network available at the moment.
    Thanking you in advance for you assistance!

Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year!

;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Vf's Nokia E71 is as 'flawless' as they come. They now sell the e72 which looks very similar but has quite a few hardware and software upgrades that make it probably the best smartphone currently available. You cannot go wrong with either of the 2

Advertisement