Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

He's not the England captain, he's a very naughty boy!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

copacetic wrote: »
    do you actually understand what illegal means?

Yes, taking money under false pretences. Not paying tax on money earned. He's probably guilty of that. But we'll find out anyways, like I said in my first post I'd be interested to see what he says about it.

He's already going to be in the bad books with Chelsea anyways because he's def breached their rules, they're not gonna be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

deisedevil wrote: »
    Lol, no one said it's as bad as kidnapping a child but theres a very good chance what he's doing is illegal seeing as he's having to be so secretive about it. If there's no big deal about what he's doing then why is he asking that it all be kept hush hush and his name kept out of it?

Stop kidding yourself. He's not a rapist or murderer or a kidnapper but he's acting like a bit of a scumbag in all fairness, call a spade a spade.

Give me a reason why it's illegal? Disallowed by his club, yes very possible. Illegal? I can't see how.
    Offering tours is grand. I have no problem with it.

Accepting a brown envelope for it in secret and saying it's for charity, along with allowing a tout to pocket 2k because of it is bad form. Not very captain like and an all round shítty and unprofessional thing to do for something earning probably 150k a week.

You have no proof he didn't give it to charity. But why shouldn't he be paid for offering a service? I think it's great idea if people are willing to pay that kind of money they can get a tour of their favourite football club. Fair play JT imo, top man.
    Not paying tax is illegal.

So you know he didn't pay tax? Proof please.

Yes, taking money under false pretences. Not paying tax on money earned. He's probably guilty of that. But we'll find out anyways, like I said in my first post I'd be interested to see what he says about it.

He's already going to be in the bad books with Chelsea anyways because he's def breached their rules, they're not gonna be happy.

I asked the Mupper to point out how it's taking money under false pretences and he convientantly ignored the question. So hopefully you won't. I won't hold my breath though just in case.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Not paying tax is illegal.

what evidence is there that this money wouldn't be accounted for by his accountant? Do you even understand how tax works? There is absolutely nothing illegal with taking cash from someone for a tour. Maybe if in 5 years he hasn't paid the tax or declared the income, but will have to pay the tax and any interest, assuming he doesn't give it to charity.

As noted in mine and Chuckys reply to the other stupid post saying that, the NOTW offerred money for a tour. They got their tour. No false pretence, no 'fraud'. Even they aren't suggesting they thought in advance that the money was going to charity. The other poster who can't seem to understand that pretended not to notice two posts pointing out his lack of understanding

FFS how can people be so gullible and have such little grasp of reason as to totally fall for a rag like NOTWs 'sting' and force people who don't even like Terry to defend him.

what evidence is there that this money wouldn't be accounted for by his accountant? Do you even understand how tax works? There is absolutely nothing illegal with taking cash from someone for a tour. Maybe if in 5 years he hasn't paid the tax or declared the income, but will have to pay the tax and any interest, assuming he doesn't give it to charity.

As noted in mine and Chuckys reply to the other stupid post saying that, the NOTW offerred money for a tour. They got their tour. No false pretence, no 'fraud'. Even they aren't suggesting they thought in advance that the money was going to charity. The other poster who can't seem to understand that pretended not to notice two posts pointing out his lack of understanding

FFS how can people be so gullible and have such little grasp of reason as to totally fall for a rag like NOTWs 'sting' and force people who don't even like Terry to defend him.

Ya I see what you mean, he didn't mention charity until after the tour was arranged. Fair enough he may not be doing anything illegal but chances are he's lieing about the charity side of things. We'll find out sooner or later anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Lol, no one said it's as bad as kidnapping a child but theres a very good chance what he's doing is illegal seeing as he's having to be so secretive about it. If there's no big deal about what he's doing then why is he asking that it all be kept hush hush and his name kept out of it?

Stop kidding yourself. He's not a rapist or murderer or a kidnapper but he's acting like a bit of a scumbag in all fairness, call a spade a spade.
    Yeah, I'd say it's a breach of the Chelsea Training Ground Secrecy Act 2004 alright...
    I couldn't begin to take that "article" seriously, they try to make the fact he was buttering toast sound sordid ffs.

Ya I see what you mean, he didn't mention charity until after the tour was arranged. Fair enough he may not be doing anything illegal but chances are he's lieing about the charity side of things. We'll find out sooner or later anyways.

he could well be, why would he would lie when he thought they were just some rich punters though?

Either way, that would just make him as nice a person as you average footballer, they are generally greedy arrogant feckwits, so it's hardly news.

Namlub wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say it's a breach of the Chelsea Training Ground Secrecy Act 2004 alright...
    I couldn't begin to take that "article" seriously, they try to make the fact he was buttering toast sound sordid ffs.

You need to read the full thread please. Post above yours, I agreed there's probably nothing illegal. I listened to what others had to say and changed my opinion, I know it doesn't often happen on Boards so you may have missed it.

he could well be, why would he would lie when he thought they were just some rich punters though?

Either way, that would just make him as nice a person as you average footballer, they are generally greedy arrogant feckwits, so it's hardly news.

Just covering himself in case he gets caught out possibly but your right he shouldn't really need to.

Namlub wrote: »

this is my favourite bit
    showed off star players Didier Drogba and Michael Ballack as they lounged in a Jacuzzi in their underpants.

and also:
    He took us to an area where team-mates, including goalie Petr Cech, were playing table tennis and then past the Jacuzzi where Ballack and Drogba were half-naked in their underpants. Then Terry sought to impress his high-rolling guests by going into a massage room where a sparsely-clad Joe Cole was receiving treatment.

In the boot room we saw young apprentices cleaning the star players' boots.

they somehow try to imply something sordid about passing by a jacuzzi being used by people who aren't fully clothed and that Terry is 'showing' them off. Leaving you with the impression that they may be for 'sale' also. Also Joe cole was also not fully clother while having his 'massage', possibly a happy ending being offered. Not only that but next door they were using slave labour to clean the boots, get the pitchforks, quick!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You need to read the full thread please. Post above yours, I agreed there's probably nothing illegal. I listened to what others had to say and changed my opinion, I know it doesn't often happen on Boards so you may have missed it.
    Fair enough, I didn't see that reply as I was typing my post.

fair dues indeed, it caught me quite by surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Charlie wrote: »
    The NOTW seem to waging a campaign against Terry of late.

It does stink of, Capello can't be touched, who can be go for next.

Never understand the hatred for Terry. Good footballer, great leader. I would want my captain to fight tooth and nail with opposition and ref for decisions.

If the NOTW wanted to really start a campaign against Terry all they'd have to do is publish what he said to Ledley King when he got sent off against Spurs.

Terry is scum, no more no less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Rosco1982 wrote: »
    If the NOTW wanted to really start a campaign against Terry all they'd have to do is publish what he said to Ledley King when he got sent off against Spurs.

Terry is scum, no more no less.
    Go on. What did he say? I seem to remember him spitting at a United player a couple of years back and the press did'nt say nowt about it.

Bandit12 wrote: »
    Go on. What did he say? I seem to remember him spitting at a United player a couple of years back and the press did'nt say nowt about it.

I think this is the incident your referring to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6cNXdPvXGk&feature=related

It wasn't actually Terry who spat, I seen it on a clearer vid and it was Drogba who spat, Terry was just hiding his face while he said something to Tevez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Bandit12 wrote: »

I know what Terry said to King mate, I don't want to say on here for fear of a ban, however, PM me for details if you wish to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I know what Terry said to King mate, I don't want to say on here for fear of a ban, however, PM me for details if you wish to know.

go on

you'll be grand

spill the beans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Terry allegedly told King to "Shut up you lippy little monkey" before he got sent-off.

That's why King went crazy at the time over the alleged comment, and King is usually a very calm and collected individual. At the time, Chimbonda and Zokora also flew off the handle at Terry, which further backs up that there might be some truth in the alleged comment.

According to a source, a Spurs player leaked this information but Chelsea worked overtime to keep it quiet and as Terry is the England Captain, The FA didn't want it getting out either, with Graham Poll who was referring the game at the time deciding to say he was sent off for "Ungentlemanly Conduct".

Rio Ferdinand also claimed in his book that an England International was a racist, wonder who he was referring to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Terry allegedly told King to "Shut up you lippy little monkey" before he got sent-off.

That's why King went crazy at the time over the alleged comment, and King is usually a very calm and collected individual. At the time, Chimbonda and Zokora also flew off the handle at Terry, which further backs up that there might be some truth in the alleged comment.

According to a source, a Spurs player leaked this information but Chelsea worked overtime to keep it quiet and as Terry is the England Captain, The FA didn't want it getting out either, with Graham Poll who was referring the game at the time deciding to say he was sent off for "Ungentlemanly Conduct".

Rio Ferdinand also claimed in his book that an England International was a racist, wonder who he was referring to?

we're going way off topic here...

tbh even if he keeps the money at least he had to do a little work for it! He earns close to 50grand a week while he's asleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Oh my god, does this mean that Premiership players are greedy bastards.....:eek:

My life is ruined :mad:

Advertisement