Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 April 2010

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Great report and well done for trying all the way.

I was lacking in strong finishes to long runs and PMP runs.

I was lucky with injury though and had a lot of mileage in my favour. You were unlucky with the injury and it may have cost you in leg strenght from the couple of hundred miles lost. It is clearly well within your capabilities.

Best of luck for the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭Peckham

Right, am going to close off this thread in anticipation of the next one documenting my approach to Berlin.

Have finally gotten round to checking out detailed splits from London, and was surprised by what I saw. My two fastest splits (I had autolap turned off, and was manually pressing the lap button) came in the 19th and 24th splits which were clocked at 6:08 and 6:11 respectively. So, something there to take confidence to build from. (That said the 25th and 26th splits were 7:40 and 7:38!)

First run back today. A very leisurely 3.5 miles and still a bit of soreness in the legs. Nothing more than soreness though....so will take a few leisurely weeks and kick on from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Peckham wrote: »
    Right, am going to close off this thread in anticipation of the next one documenting my approach to Berlin.

Have finally gotten round to checking out detailed splits from London, and was surprised by what I saw. My two fastest splits (I had autolap turned off, and was manually pressing the lap button) came in the 19th and 24th splits which were clocked at 6:08 and 6:11 respectively. So, something there to take confidence to build from. (That said the 25th and 26th splits were 7:40 and 7:38!)

First run back today. A very leisurely 3.5 miles and still a bit of soreness in the legs. Nothing more than soreness though....so will take a few leisurely weeks and kick on from there.
    By going so hard at 24 you left nothing. But you were right to have a go..Two more of those would have got you sub 3. Looking forwardto the thread for berlin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

Peckham wrote: »
    My two fastest splits (I had autolap turned off, and was manually pressing the lap button) came in the 19th and 24th splits which were clocked at 6:08 and 6:11 respectively.

6.11 on mile 24?! Thats unbelievable!! It shows that you have a good engine anyway to kick on like that near the end. Definitely something positive to take away..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

great read peckham. ya sounds like the city embraces the race alright.
    well done. as some one said roll on berlin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement