Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot manager

Options
  • 20-12-2009 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭

Anyone used any of the FREE boot managers?

Was looking at GAG, OSL2000 and PLoP. Which would you recommend for installing and dual booting Windows 95 on a Windows 7 build?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Not much help to you, but why on earth would you want to use Windows 95 in this day and age?
    Surely it'd make more sense to just install it on a VM instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Windows 95 should easily run on the Windows 7 pc virtually.
    http://www.virtualbox.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Long story, but in essence I need to run a Veterinary DOS program.
    This was originally used on a Windows 95 PC many years ago and has since been used on XP machines via dual booting them with Windows 95.
    I have looked into VitualBox and Dosbox but am getting nowhere fast. At least I know the steps required with dual booting, albeit a pain with the need to configure this and that due to higher powered processors etc, but it's my last option now. So to try and cut out some of the pain I thought about using a boot manager, like Partition Boot Magic to install Win 95 on the already set up Win 7 machine and try the previously working dual boot option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Aww man, sorry to hear you couldnt get 95 working on the VPC :(

Try using Easy BCD:
    http://neosmart.net/forums/showthread.php?t=642
    Should let you setup a dual boot system with ease if Win7 is the main OS :)

I'll be going through my loft for my 95 CD and working out a way to get VB working!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I did get Win 95 running in VBox, but for some reason couldn't get the DOS program to run. I had the added probem of there being no parrallel printer port on this motherboard as well. so need to look at the usb to LPT cable. There is a connection on the mobo for a LPT addition though. Can find any info on where to find the addon for it. Asus M4A78-VM.

Advertisement