Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teens strike fear in the heart of Smithfield Market

Options
  • 20-12-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Last Friday night I was enjoying a lovely evening in with a chinese and a dvd when all of a sudden Smithfield Market erupted in the screams and shouts of a horde of teenagers I have learned over the years to be known as knackers. I open my window to see what the story was and next thing I know I had bottles of beer and rocks flying in through my window.
    As any young man would do once their home was being destroyed as such, I ran out to chase the little runts away. As I ran around the corner I was greeted by no less than 15-20 fine young gentlemen. I was alone against a mob armed with broken bottles and pipes. What ensued was without doubt the single most horrible experience of my life. To have to fight for my very own survival in the centre of Smithfield market was something I could never ever have thought possible not in my wildest imagination!
    I somehow managed to escape after being kicked in the head and face and bottled viciously over and over, to run to saftey of the concierge where I was greeted by the ever so useful security staff who looked at me without offering even a hand as i lay there on the floor bleeding...
    So far this is all still a dream to me...what gets me isnt that I had to spend the next couple of days in hospital or that I am a total mess physically or mentally. The hours waiting to see if the CT scan result will show Ive got internal bleeding and what and how I can explain this to my family abroad or even how I can pay for such a surgical procedure. What bothers me is that I was standing by the Garda as the same guys that were dancing on my head but a few moments before walked right up to us and threatened me RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE GARDAI!!!
    I am just in total shock...I dont know what to say. These guys will get away with what they have done. I have never seen young men with absolutely no fear of anyone or anything. When even the law can't keep you safe...what in God's name can one do...
    I am sick...sick in my stomach...If anyone knows how I can get this information out to those that may have the power to actually do something to prevent this from happening to someone else who might not be as lucky to get away...please...we may save someone's life.

I have no shame in admitting it. I am totally and utterly frightened.
    Dr. Nick Riv

PS I am so so grateful for the support and understanding from the Gardai who I will be indebted to forever.

Should changes be made to stiffen laws against minors who commit acts of violence? 0 votes

YES
    0% 0 votes
    NO
    0% 0 votes

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement