Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for Creche Staff

Options
  • 20-12-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Do people give presents to the creche staff at Christmas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭meisha

i work in a creche and all but 3 parents brought in gifts but we didnt expect any :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Ted10

Were they chocolates, wine etc. or gift vouchers ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I always used to give either a box of chocolates or a small toiletry gift set, something from my son rather than from me. Although I now work in childcare and wouldn't expect anything at all especially in this climate. maybe just a card either drawn or scribbled on by your child (depending on age!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭meisha

mainly chocs and wine, to be honest i didnt want anything ;) i wish they had of kept the money :eek: its madness i get paid to do what i do

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Our creche sent out a letter this year stating that no presents were expected,

the said that they have a box for gifts for SVP in the entrance hall if anyone wants to donate to it.

And that if people did want to give a present to the staff that they were to be left into the office and that they would be raffled off to all the staff as they work as a team in the place, tbh this suits me best as my baby has 3 key workers in his room and my older lad has 2 teachers in montessori and 2 girls who look after him on the two afternoons he is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

A bottle of wine each, though it's a Naoinra rather than a Creche and we know the two women running it very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

My kids go to school now,and i always buy something small for teachers,but this year with the money situation,my kids made their gifts,which were christmas ornaments.They got a large orange and decorated it with cloves,smells lovely,looks christmasy and alot of effort went into it on their part,as well as being cheap as chips!the teachers were delighted and the kids were as proud as punch:)happy days

Advertisement