Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Usenet and Vodafone DSL

• 20-12-2009 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Since switching to vodafone I am getting issues with Usenet - anybody else have problems???

Getting the following:
    Could not resolve hostname eu.news.astraweb.com: ErrNo 2, Host name lookup failure

I can ping that address fine through DOS and I've even changed DNS settings on the router to OpenDNS servers.

Anyone?

Cheers,
    Keith.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Bump - anyone????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mykro28

Not a VF customer but the url resolves fine for me. Try changing your DNS server to a different one. Use nslookup from cmd and use the server command to specify a different DNS server and test. then change your DNS to permanently to the new server.
    Eircom has some old ones that I use, 194.125.133.10 and 194.125.133.11 (old indigo dns servers) or you could try something like opendns???

Hope this helps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Yeah switched to OpenDNS and no change.
    Pings fine from laptop which is strange (Usenet is running on Popcorn Hour on the same network). Worked fine on Eircom - wonder if the block is at the Vodafone end.
    mykro28 wrote: »
    Not a VF customer but the url resolves fine for me. Try changing your DNS server to a different one. Use nslookup from cmd and use the server command to specify a different DNS server and test. then change your DNS to permanently to the new server.
    Eircom has some old ones that I use, 194.125.133.10 and 194.125.133.11 (old indigo dns servers) or you could try something like opendns???

Hope this helps..

Advertisement