Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeon finder @ lower levels?

Options
  • 20-12-2009 2:02pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what folks experiences are with the dungeon finder at lower levels?
    Id love to lvl up my 36 druid but really cant stomach levelling another toon via the conventional route of questing so i might spec resto and and use dungeon finder till i get to 60,from there i reckon i might stomach one more toon to 80 :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

tanking would be more fun, and probably shorter ques :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just tried it out since my post and its pretty rapid as a healer finding groups, not as quick as my priest main but pretty impressive.
    I gained 3 levels in 90 mins using the dungeon finder.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

It seems 3-4 instances gets a ding.

I have a tank and a healer moving through them, insanely fast groups.

Plan is my DK is just going to tank his way to 80.

You get goodie bags too with nice items inside too, its all so awesome :D

I literally dont have to quest my way to 80 again which is immense

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm thinking i might roll a Warrior and instance tank him all the way to 80. Will do it on a different server/battlegroup though, as mine is ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I'd levelled through questing till L20 with the shammy before the LFG tool came out, and most of my levelling since then has been through instances. Since the pugs are from across realms, it doens't matter which realm you start out on.

Finally got the Triune Amulet after numerous runs through the SM Cathedral, glad to see the back of it now!

There seems to be a major shortage of decent tanks, we gave up on Maraudon Orange after loosing our tank. And no-one seem to know their way around the instances. And there's more to healing than I originally thought. You go for ages without doing anything, then all hell breaks loose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Got my shammy levelled a little doin dungeons on the lfg around 30ish. Had planned to do more on days off over xmas:D But gf draggin me till her mums for the whole week so dunno if gonna get the chance now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Jumped on my paladin today and was getting instance calls within seconds, it was fantastic.

Great new way to level adding more diversity.

Now I can choose to level through instances only, pvp only, questing only, or mix and match.

A big thumbs up from me to blizzard, levelling doesnt seem that much of a chore anymore.

And being able to level so well through instancing and getting groups so fast means you will inevitably learn how to play your class properly as I did with my paladin today.

I click on someone..press 1, rinse repeat...every 31 minutes get shouted at to put on kings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

TheDoc wrote: »
    I click on someone..press 1, rinse repeat...every 31 minutes get shouted at to put on kings

to which i responde . no regents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

What's the craic with that? I've no problem getting a buff, but running to the pally every 30 mins and asking for BoK seems a bit much. If you're that badly stuck, you might want to reconsider your gear...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

TheDoc wrote: »

Don't forget at 80 to insert an <alt> 2 to throw beacon on yourself in that rotation... :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Since you're a druid ,if you use dungeon finder afaik it automatically sticks on "need before greed" , which cant be switched off by the leader.This means amongst other things you cant roll need on cloth,only leather .You wont have problems if you're a bear tank or cat , but if you're resto or boomkin be prepared to see cloth upgrades get sharded as you cant "need" them , only greed.
    This isnt a problem if you're instancing for badges at 80 , but when you're using it to get gear its not much fun.At the moment NbG only looks at class not spec , so caster druids , holy paladins , resto shammies and the like {i.e anyone that might want to roll on a lower armour item with otherwise perfect stats}are getting the short end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

ive a 28 lock now cully give me a shout if your on and want to group up for randoms Morédots is its name same with you berns

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i rolled a pally tank the other day, hes at 25 thanks to the lfg.

seems dps has like a 15 min queue time, tank or healer has a 1 min queue time.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i rolled a pally tank the other day, hes at 25 thanks to the lfg.

seems dps has like a 15 min queue time, tank or healer has a 1 min queue time.

aye seems that way already have an 80 pally but raging i dint lvl a warrior or a shammy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Grim. wrote: »
    aye seems that way already have an 80 pally but raging i dint lvl a warrior or a shammy

BLASPHEMY!!!

Since I started using the dungeon finder at 70+ levels, i've found that Shaman healers are emo whiners who quit for things as simple as the warlock using life tap, and warriors have a tendancy to think "I'm a warrior, I can tank, even as dps" then die after getting 2 shotted.

Worse are emo shaman healers who think that the dps warriors wearing pvp gear and shield are doing nothing wrong by pulling barely more dps than the healer, and still dying when they taunt mobs.

Lets all hug a tree.......because trees are better!

haha

havin a great time with it!!

queue times are down to about 5 seconds max. and i can pick whatever dungeon i want!!

brilliant.

gonna level a healer after

have done practically no leveling since 15. wp blizz :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

its hit or miss for me, rolled a pala healer and could take a few second for a grp or could take upwards of 10 minutes, also ive noticed all i get from bag of helpfull goods is cloaks or belts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Ive been using it since lvl 15 when im not bothered to do quest's pritty good so far had a couple of bad group's and a insane amount of huntard's and ninja looter's. I go as a tank and get a group in second's !!! :eek: Its great because im doing dungeons where before id never bother because of the hassle trying to organize people. It's got me hooked again.

exactly, i was farming stockades for a few levels, had never done it ebfore as im horde. granted the drops are ****e but its so quick and easy and each run gives me about 50% of level

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;63682035']BLASPHEMY!!!

Since I started using the dungeon finder at 70+ levels, i've found that Shaman healers are emo whiners who quit for things as simple as the warlock using life tap, and warriors have a tendancy to think "I'm a warrior, I can tank, even as dps" then die after getting 2 shotted.

Worse are emo shaman healers who think that the dps warriors wearing pvp gear and shield are doing nothing wrong by pulling barely more dps than the healer, and still dying when they taunt mobs.

Lets all hug a tree.......because trees are better!

na i mean ive leveled pretty much everything else so thats all thats left in tanking/healer roles

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I like that the random instances at lower levels arent just deadmines all the time. Did Shadowfang Keep and Wailing Caverns with my lvl19 Dwarf Hunter yesterday, two instances i'd rarely ever done as Alliance. Oddly, the queues at the level were less then the queues for DPS at lvl80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

is it possible to lose in instances? Or is there an unlimited ability to return to resurrect from where you left off and continue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

pwd wrote: »
    is it possible to lose in instances? Or is there an unlimited ability to return to resurrect from where you left off and continue?

you can die as many times as you like:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

i find that the best part of the new LFG is that i can actually learn to play a healing/tanking/dps rotation at lower levels, new spells are gradually introduced, which is much better than having them all thrown at you after a lvl 80 respec and trying to figure it all out. i would never have splashed out for dual spec on my pally if i didn't know that i was actually going to get to use the holy spec and learn to how to heal, thanks to practically no waiting time. next up i'll be figuring out tanking on the dk.

i also like that i'm seeing dungeons i'd never been to before (what's up Sunken Temple!?) xD

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Have my druid alt up to 51 now thanks to dungeon finder.
    Along with dual spec its got to be the best feature blizz have ever added to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Well i was playing yesterday got my druid to 46 now ive done hardly any quest's just doing dungeons all the time do some quest's when i get frustrated from huntards and ninja looter's , gut ripper droped in maurderon yesterday , ninja'd by a paly with bind to account gear so me being tank i was like well not going any further with a ninja looter then he goes ok and trade's it to the rogue with all his bind to account gear weapons and all with some mad enchant's who also tried to ninja it considering his weapons were better than the lvl 40 epic ugh.

Not that i wanted it being a druid just anoying.

Then today our priest ask's a warlock oh how do you controle that demon cause i have a warlock and would like to know , warlock reply with the enslave demon skill, we were just near the last boss , then the priest oh ok.... gtg play my lock now ! then we got a replacement who then ninja looted everything lol

But i have had some great groups far more than i would get without the tool.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Dual spec?...

Seems WoW has improved a lot over the year I went away.

Respeccing was the biggest cost after raid repairs for me.

Looking forward to trying it all out :)

Advertisement