Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what smartphones are suitable as an alternative to a netbook.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

An OS is only as good as its apps.

I'm still trying to find a smart phone than can do what my Palm PDA's could do 10 yrs ago, in terms of PIM functionality. Filter tasks by category, important, by date.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

BostonB wrote: »
    An OS is only as good as its apps.

I'm still trying to find a smart phone than can do what my Palm PDA's could do 10 yrs ago, in terms of PIM functionality. Filter tasks by category, important, by date.

Apps as in proper applications or apps that basically just re-present information contained on websites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Apps as in proper applications or apps that basically just re-present information contained on websites?

Did you ever use the latter on a Palm PDA?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

BostonB wrote: »
    Did you ever use the latter on a Palm PDA?

Have not had the pleasure unfortunately..

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Beno

I think now that there is an android forum, they are not getting much mention in this forum. I use my desire to read PDF and powerpoint and it works great.

I forgot my laptop last weekend and was still able to revise for one of my courses, with ease. As for spreadsheets I haven't tried that one out yet.

I do think a smartphone is more versatile than a netbook for the main reason is that you will always have it on your person.

• Advertisement
Advertisement