Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Philips 8460 shaver €280 down to €81

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Great deal indeed. Bet it's cheaper in Argos UK though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Great deal indeed. Bet it's cheaper in Argos UK though.

as with virtually anything in the south, it got be purchased cheaper in the north....but this is the cheapest price for this item in the republic, as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

looks like its €15 euro cheaper up the north/uk.
    something else was €50 difference between them. rip off ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Be warned however, Its a shoite razor!!!

samhail wrote: »
    looks like its €15 euro cheaper up the north/uk.
    something else was €50 difference between them. rip off ireland.

lets not focus too much on negativities(if there is such a word)!

its a bargain price, a few months ago I put up a bargain alert on the basic philips shaver that uses the moisturiser , i was down to 50 euro in power city(from about 130),
    but this model has some nice extra features such as a quick charge feature and a trimmer for sideburns etc, also has a nice dock that actually fills the shaver up with the moisturiser for you..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Hogzy wrote: »

out of interest.... Why?

Hogzy wrote: »

I have the cheaper version, the entry level in this range. I can say that its the best shaver that I have ever used, it works just like any other shaver when not using the moisturiser, and if you do use it, its super smooth and stops irritation (have sensitive skin).

Also very hand that you can wash it/use it in the shower if you want.Brilliant shaver. My brother in law has the same one as me and also finds it excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thats a great deal. If it was any other make except Phillips I would definately get it. I have always had bad luck with Philips products. A tv, 2 hifi's and a dvd recorder all broke within 6 months and were all Philips stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

cojomo2 wrote: »

I bought this in argos yesterday for 107, that sucks. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

I bought this in argos yesterday for 107, that sucks. :mad:
    Can you not bring it back under their returns policy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

Got this in Argos earlier - they also gave me a complimentary €5 gift card at the till so great deal methinks. Thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

wait4me wrote: »
    Can you not bring it back under their returns policy?

I'm not sure, I'll try tomorrow anyway. Didn't even open the box as it's a christmas present, so hopefully I can return it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

IMO the whole Nivea philips thing is a bit of a gimmick. Everytime i use a bit of the nivea moisturiser it causes the hair to stick to my skin so the razor just glides over the hair. very frustrating.

Also i find i really have to press the raxor as hard as i can toward my skin in order to get a close shave. Bought it about 6 months ago and i previously had a remington 9270 and continued to use it as i found it a better shave. And that remington is seriously outdated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

whats the difference between a foil one and a rotary...

:?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

It's not as great a deal as it first may have seemed,
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/philips-8460-shaver/s?ie=UTF8&keywords=Philips%208460%20Shaver&rh=i:aps,k:Philips%208460%20Shaver&page=1

for around €85 delivered. Argos is still cheaper, but it puts the deal in perspective!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Cheers OP, bought a few as Christmas Pressies

• Registered Users Posts: 39 tommytwo

tommytwo wrote: »

but you got it for 81 squid yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 tommytwo

nope, they tried to charge me the €107.39 so I didn't bother.

tommytwo wrote: »
    nope, they tried to charge me the €107.39 so I didn't bother.

screw them

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

I got two this morning in the Ilac for €80 each cheap as chips cant go wrong. Been using one of the first Philips shavers that had sachets of gel and always found it good.

I got the last two by the way

TCP/IP wrote: »

I got the last two by the way

Hey, no need to boast dude.:D

Advertisement