Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Bold on 3

• 20-12-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We have recently moved from Vodafone to 3 Ireland - corporate policy, saved over 60% on bills.

The problem is that my wife (our Financial contrioller) insists on keeping her Blackberry Bold (9000). I have unlocked it and got it setup on 3 - everything seems to be working fine except she has no email.

I understand that Vodafone provide the Blackberry service on their network and that their is no Blackberry service on 3 Ireland. What I want to know is if I can get gmail on it for her? i.e. is there a gmail application for blackberry that will work without a normal blackberry email account?

I've downloaded Blackberry world app but it won't run, says I need a data plan from my service provider, which we have......

all help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

To be honest I haven't seen a blackberry getting emails without data plan. Please correct me if I am wrong. I use bold 9700 my self,but with data plan on o2. I think you can get internet to work but push email even with gmail won't work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭hickory

If it just for e-mail why doesn't she use the E71 as has the same e-mail functionality as blackberry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Aemelica

What if you get a 3 data plan and put in the APN settings? Could you not just have the blackberry fetch the email through pop3? Or does it not function with anything non-push...

Also curious about this because on meteor bill pay lite with 250mb data plan and want to get a blackberry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Without a Blackberry data plan, the email program on the phone won't work. You can download a Gmail application for Blackberry though. I'm not sure if it's push enabled, but you will be able to check your emails with it.

Type this into the browser on the phone and you'll be able to download it: http://m.google.com/go

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

I tried this with a storm that I had on prepay. Got gmail and maps apps working fine through th
    e Vodafone isp APN.

Got the phone unlocked and tried everything to get it all my old apps working on the 3 network.

In the end i lost the phone and had to buy a replacement - went for a HTC tattoo.

My advice is to change phone

• Advertisement
Advertisement