Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticket machine doesn't do child's train ticket.

Options
  • 20-12-2009 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Hey i gotta question, i ran 20 mins from my house to catch the train to drogheda, i literally got to the station a minute before the train pulled in, there was no man on the desk to get a childs ticket and the machine only sold adults tickets....which were 20 euro return:-/ i didn't have the money to buy an adults and the train pulled in, i skipped the turnstyles and ran and just made the train, now i'm currently on the train with no ticket to drogheda and am nervous about being asked for my ticket, i will buy a return when i get to drogheda to make up for it, would i be in much trouble if i get caught or would they understand and allow me to cuz a childs ticket?, thank's in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

If they chose not to sell tickets for children and specifically only sold tickets for adults, then it's legally acceptable to presume that there is no charge for children.

You cannot be held legally accountable for mistakes on their part.

I noticed this many weeks ago and I informed them by email of this potential mistake. I heard nothing back, and they obviously haven't fixed it. And I'm guessing this occurs at more than one station (I was at Drumcondra station)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

if the conductor gets on the train, you can pay him. just tell them there was no one in the ticket box and the machine was out of order.

it happens all the time

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I heard nothing back, and they obviously haven't fixed it. And I'm guessing this occurs at more than one station (I was at Drumcondra station)

They don't do them on the DART tickets either.

Advertisement