Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to track a Daniel from Galway

Options
  • 20-12-2009 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am trying to track a guy called Daniel who was in Gatwick Airport on 20th Dec 2009.

He was of great assistance to my 70yr old mother who was flying to LA to spend Christmas with my bro. She did not have a Visa Waiver Program number and found Virgin of no help whatsoever. She was told to go to the computer room and sort it out herself. She has never used a computer in her life. She found a friend in a young man called Daniel from Galway who downloaded the form and helped her fill it out.

My family would like to track him down to thank him properly. My mother was that flustered that she forgot to get his surname or phone number. I know this is a long shot but someone on Boards might recognise this story.

If the mods could post it in Galway Co it would be great, but if not I understand.

Thanks,

TheGEN.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Ahh that was nice of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

m83 wrote: »
    Ahh that was nice of him.

I always people from the West were the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Daniel is traveling tonight on a plane
    I can see the red tail lights heading for Spain
    And I can see Daniel waving goodbye
    Oh it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes..........

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Amazingly enough I know two Daniels it could have been. Was he with any family?

inisboffin wrote: »
    Amazingly enough I know two Daniels it could have been. Was he with any family?

Not sure. My Mam was in a bit of a state. This guy was surfing in the computer lounge in Gatwick and asked could he be of help as he had a bit of time before his flight to Galway. I will talk to her when she lands in USA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Fair play to the lad and bah humbug to the person at Virgin who wouldn't help the lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

thegen wrote: »
    Not sure. My Mam was in a bit of a state. This guy was surfing in the computer lounge in Gatwick and asked could he be of help as he had a bit of time before his flight to Galway. I will talk to her when she lands in USA.

Wasn't any of my 2 anyway then, they flew to Dublin and got coach or drove.
    Fair play to him though! And nice of your Mam to try to thank him here :)

inisboffin wrote: »
    Wasn't any of my 2 anyway then, they flew to Dublin and got coach or drove.
    Fair play to him though! And nice of your Mam to try to thank him here :)

He may have flown to Dublin. Mam was a bit worked up and could have got it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

As far as i know galway dont have any flights direct into Gatwick, just luton

Daniel said he was from Galway according to the op, not flying to Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

I was working off this post...

I was working off this post...

My mistake mate.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Age and rough description?

One of my 2 best friends from school was called Daniel. It's not a very common name.

The one I'm thinking of would be 30. Short. Brown/sandy coloured hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,467 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

If you dont have any luck on boards the best thing to do would be to put it in the letters page in the Galway Advertiser. Everybody reads/knows somebody who reads it so word would get around. Fair play to Daniel.

Right, talked with the Mother. Her description is vague, here goes.

In late twenties early thirties, short sandy hair and an all round nice person. He talked about having visited his sister in Canada and did say he was on the 2pm flight to Galway, he did not specify an airline.

Hopefully someone out the knows him and can get me contact details.

TheGEN.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

kraggy wrote: »
    One of my 2 best friends from school was called Daniel. It's not a very common name.

The one I'm thinking of would be 30. Short. Brown/sandy coloured hair.
    In late twenties early thirties, short sandy hair

I know a f*cking tonne of Daniels, how is it not a common name!? Despite that it seems like kraggy just might be on the money here!

boards.ie to the rescue again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

I know that on Sat 20th Luton was closed because of the Snow. I don't know for sure, but maybe Luton flights were diverted to Gatwick?

I know a f*cking tonne of Daniels, how is it not a common name!? Despite that it seems like kraggy just might be on the money here!

boards.ie to the rescue again :pac:

Come on the Kraggy:D

Advertisement