Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie XMas Gamerscore Challenge

• 20-12-2009 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭

Continuing on a (year old) tradition, I'd like to introduce the Boards.ie Xmas Gamerscore Challenge which is open to all Boards.ie members.

If you've took part in one of these before, then you know what to do (scroll down for the link to join). If you haven't, then the goal is simple; try and score as much achievement points over the Christmas period.
    Boards.ie Christmas Gamerscore Challenge

Click here to join
    You must be a member of 360voice.com before you can join
    STARTS CHRISTMAS DAY AT MIDNIGHT AND RUNS FOR TWO WEEKS

Hope there's some great interest in this :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

Ah sure ill give it a crack, wont even come close though!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Im in again. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

My gamerscore has gotten to a snails pace the last few months with college.. I might just enter for the fun :rolleyes:

Would this be starting on christmas day going on stephens day? or christmas eve going on christmas day?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,451 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

i joined but wont be near the top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

I would but after the last one I think I'll stay out. I'll get too addicted and end up playing ****e games for score and I've way too many good games to work through over xmas first. Oh and i'm hooked on borderlands so prob wont be playing much else for a while :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Starting on 24th - 25th... when you can officially take the wrapping off those games :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

This is a great idea. Won't be playing much of my xbox over Christmas as I have to go visit family up in Dublin and I'll be heading out and about most nights. Plus all you have to do is look at my poor gamerscore below. Im embarassed when I come on here and see some peoples scores :o.

Good luck to all involved.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm a score whore so I'll join up for the laugh, don't think I'll get many points though!

Sure it's only a bit of fun! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Plus all you have to do is look at my poor gamerscore below. Im embarassed when I come on here and see some peoples scores :o.

Good luck to all involved.

Pif,...

I've got like 1,860 out of a possible 30k, had the xbox over 2 years now aswell :eek:

- Drav!

Well there's no harm in joining. I'll be rocking out to Rock Band 2 so won't be improving my score by all that much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm in but the winner last year scored nearly 10,000 points in about two weeks. It took me a year to get that many!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Wow... a whole 5 people so far :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Wow... a whole 5 people so far :rolleyes:

would be pointless me going for it... got a stack of games to go through as well...

But with Work...

i got stuff to do tonight to wrap up the whole "Christmas" thing...

Working a 2nd job tomorrow night...

... Getting drunk the night after that...

... Folks till Sunday...

Working Second Job again Sunday...

... Scheduled to pass out on Monday!

back in work Tuesday :(

If i'm lucky I might get the time to install a game onto the HDD later...

... aw screw it.... I'm in... I might be able to find some moments *cough* here and there... Have a few FPS's i might be able to breeze through

When does this yolk expire though?

- Drav!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'll join up for the laugh. I don't go for achievements generally, but if they happen, they happen!

My gamer score is rubbish, seeing as I lost my old profile about 18 months or more ago. Had to start a new one. On the bright side, I've a load of games that people have bought me..Batman AA, Forza 3, Modern Warfare 2, Smackdown vs Raw 10, Godfather 2. Bought Madden 10 and Mirrors Edge myself.

Edit: Ah, I forgot my gold membership expired... may buy a new one. I'm sure my crappy 3 modem will do for recording my gamerscore (although it does randomly disconnect) until I get my proper broadband sorted after Christmas. Watch it disconnect every time i get an achievement! :)

As long as you connect to Xbox Live once a day, there'll be no problems with it recording your score. In the interests of fairness though, if you do happen to be making good progress, please let us know in the shoutbox on the Challenge page if you're unable to connect Live for a while.

Ah there is no point in playing lads, apparently I win :confused: :pac:

http://www.squidpunch.com/challengescout/scoutreport.php?sid=13853

silvine wrote: »
    I'm in but the winner last year scored nearly 10,000 points in about two weeks. It took me a year to get that many!

WTF? Are you serious? That's just taking the piss! I'm averaging about that much a year!!!

am i not in it? i clicked to join, logged in, it redirects me back here.

EDIT:sorted now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Mr Moon wrote: »
    WTF? Are you serious? That's just taking the piss! I'm averaging about that much a year!!!

Yep :D

Heres the link with the scores:

http://360voice.gamerdna.com/challenge/25326

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I Entered. Just for a bit of a laugh. now all i have to do is drag myself away from MW2 online..........................

• Advertisement

can we start scoring points yet? i want to play shadow complex!!

at 12 tonight you can :p Or I think you can disconnect from live, start playing it and then only log back on to xbox live after 12, that should do it too! I couldn't be arsed to do this! :P Just got off MW2 and won't be gamer score whoring till' tomo me thinks

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    can we start scoring points yet? i want to play shadow complex!!

Play it off line, and after midnight you can go online and it will count! Although this would be considered cheating!! ;)

i can wait a little longer :) new trials HD, peggle and fifa keeps me busy anyhow!

Play it off line, and after midnight you can go online and it will count! Although this would be considered cheating!! ;)
    Well he's going to be playing it anyway, if 3 hours makes that much difference to the challenge... :rolleyes:

sounds like im already behind! lol

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    sounds like im already behind! lol

I would never cheat!! Now where's me halo :D

Sure when I get the email, I'm prob gonna start :P I have a full project due on the 7th with nothing done on it yet so tomo and day after, xbox time :D After that... have to make a game....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Jesus, theres only 9 of us so far. I was hoping for a load so I wouldn't be last! Safety in numbers!

• Advertisement

I would never cheat!! Now where's me halo :D

But Halo isn't that great for gamer score :rolleyes: :p

God that was sooo bad... :o

Advertisement