Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need access to angle grinder to cut curtain pole

Options
  • 20-12-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

hi
    I have a curtain pole, metal I presume. I want to shorten it. With a saw it'll take aged and ruin the saw.
    Anyone know of any hamdware stores that'd cut it for me?
    Or does anyone have a tool (angle grinder I presume) and would be kind enough to let me use it?I could call round and cut it quickly, if that's the easiest ?
    Cheers
    Pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Argos have a budget grinder for 22 Euro if you don't get anyone to help. They're a great tool to have around the house if you decide to buy one. I use mine constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

That must be some curtain pole !!
    Try a hacksaw - blades cheap to replace

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bring the pole with you to a local metal shop. Offer a couple Euro for someone to cut it to size. Put some tape where to cut so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Cheers
    excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by a metal shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sorry, should have been more clear - any shop that deal with metals and would have the tools really. Try any garage or ask around the Liosban estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Theres one across the road from Galway Bay FM beside the learning centre place.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Try Pat Rynn at Docks Galway , He might be able to cut it for you .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

You'd have cut it with a hack saw by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Would an angle grinder not make bits of a curtain pole??

• Advertisement
Advertisement