Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Titan Fighting Championship

Options
  • 20-12-2009 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Does anybody know were you can watch any of the videos from Japans fighting Championship? I think ex Pride fighter Kenichi Yamamoto runs it.

As I understand it is an old school, one night eight man tournament, similar to the earlier NHB days with elbows, head butts and groin kicks being legal.

I tried a torrent search but nothing came up, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Never herard of it.

When did it take place?

Did any well know fighters participate in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

I reas a little about it in black belt magasine last month (the one with fedor on the cover), it looks like it was going for years then took a sabbatical and started shortly after pride finished.

Some pride veterans fight in it but the article states "put an odd mix of journeymen and rookies in a tournament under sparse rules and youve got something that resonates."

It mentions one fight between Pride veteran Soichi Nishida 308lbs agains an unnamed boxer 132lbs.

It's also fought on a platform rather than a ring or cage, so the fighters can throw each other off the platform.

I think the rule set could make for some crazy match ups and I for one would love to see some of them. So keep your eye's peeled and if anybody stumbles across some videos then please post a link or send a pm.

Many thanks

Advertisement