Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Webpage Shortcut in IE8

• 20-12-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

I've done one of those Santa videos (portablenorthpole.tv) for a friends little girl. This guy's not very tech literate, so I want to copy a shortcut to the finished video webpage onto a blank CD and give it to him, with the idea that he sticks the cd in his computer, double clicks on the icon, and the webpage loads and the video plays for his daughter. Simple? Well not really. I've spent loads of time trying to place a webpage shortcut onto my desktop in Internet Explorer 8. I've been googling and searching online help, and it tells me how to do everything except what I want to do.

Can someone please put me out of my misery and point out the obvious to me? :(

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Technique wrote: »
    I've done one of those Santa videos (portablenorthpole.tv) for a friends little girl. This guy's not very tech literate, so I want to copy a shortcut to the finished video webpage onto a blank CD and give it to him, with the idea that he sticks the cd in his computer, double clicks on the icon, and the webpage loads and the video plays for his daughter. Simple? Well not really. I've spent loads of time trying to place a webpage shortcut onto my desktop in Internet Explorer 8. I've been googling and searching online help, and it tells me how to do everything except what I want to do.

Can someone please put me out of my misery and point out the obvious to me? :(
    Right click desktop>New>Shortcut, put in the web page name then for link the full URL, should do it :)

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Technique

yoyo wrote: »
    Right click desktop>New>Shortcut, put in the web page name then for link the full URL, should do it :)

Nick

Yeah, it was as simple as that.

:o

Thanks a million.

Advertisement