Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you love about your pets

Options
  • 20-12-2009 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Fell free to multi post when/if you think of something else they do.

-The way they have to smell everything I pick up or put down
    -One curls up into the cutest ball the other stretches himself our with his head leaning on me.
    -The male cat tongue, he walks around with it hanging out of his mouth alot
    -Both of them follow me to the door when I leave and run to the door when I come back
    -The female one meows only when she is about to be fed and it's the cutest meow
    -When I sleep on my back or belly both cats sleep ontop of me and when I'm on my side the female one sleeps on my shoulder and purrs into my ear

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Nearly forgot I love how the 3/4kg* three legged female cat is dominate over the 4/5kg* muscular male cat, she HAS to be fed first and will give him a smack if he's doing something she doesn't like, it freaks him out and he runs away.

*can't remember their exact weights bit there is a kg in the difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Loads of things:

- like yourself, the way they follow me around the house and greet me at the front door every evening
    - the fact that they are absolutely ridiculously affectionate towards the two of us
    - the way the female cat will let out this pitiful squeaking if we are in a different room to her, yet will come charging in to us and head-butt us for attention when we call her name
    - the way she brings her toys upstairs some evenings when we're going to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

The way my dog Molly will open the back door to let the other dogs or cat out and turns on the kitchen tap if their water bowl is empty. The way our pup Ella bounces onto the sofa wagging her whole body when she wants to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Adventure Pout

I love everything about my kitty... because he makes me smile, laugh and feel so relax and happy when I get home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

I love the way my dog, Bessie does a little tap dance with excitement when I get home. YOu can hear her nails tapping off the floor. I call it her happy dance. Its very cute.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I love the way Lucy pins me down and rolls all over me when I wake up in the morning, and how grumpy Lucky looks when I wake him up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭K_user

The way she jumps when I come home. I walk into the kitchen and she jumps up, off all fours, front paws as high as she can get them and her head does a funny nod to the side. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

The way my Husky every morning jumps up and stretchs himself out on me while looking up and in his deep voice goes RRRRRAAAABAAAAAWWWWHHHH...ahhhhhhWWWRRRRHH then trots over to the back door!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Today I was kneeling down, making a cheeky snowbal to throw for my dog, when he ran at me from behind at knocked me over! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Like some of the other posters have said, I love the way Honey follows me everywhere. I also love how, when no one is playing with her, she lies down on her toys and rolls back and forth growling. Who needs humans when you can make your own fun?

With the rabbits, I love how if they're fighting Snoopy will come to be crying (but I don't love them fighting at all). I just like feeling needed. I love the way they hover near the kitchen door in the hopes of escaping into the rest of the house, or the way they run to the fridge if you open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Love to see a dreadfully abused collie running free and happy in the snow.. and the trust in her brown eyes now...

Love the way the cats burrow under the bedclothes on these bitter night..

And from all of them, their trust and devotion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 AbigailE

I love the way the dogs snuggle in bed when its cold and then ditch you for the electric blanket lol
    When they go check on my sleeping 6month old several times before we go to bed
    When they sneak kisses

I hate the way they know you are going off and start to sulk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I love the way my doggie made my mother's Christmas. She lives alone, would love a dog but its not possible due to her age. When he's in the mood he loves giving kisses and yesterday he sat on the arm of the sofa beside my mam put his paw on her shoulder and kissed the face off her. With his paw on her shoulder it was like he was saying to her to stay put til he was finished. She was thrilled with him.

I also love the way as he falls asleep he licks his chops and then he lets out a big breath and off he goes. I just loves him cos he's a typical character filled Westie man!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I only have dwarf hamsters now - but I love the way that they spend all night out and about, running frantically in their wheel. If you ever get up in the middle of the night and wander into the kitchen for a glass of water, there they are, spinning around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Lily (3yr old Lhasa)
    - love how she talks to us
    - how she curls up tight to sleep, and uses her bum sometimes to scooch the circling along
    - how she's a little bit blonde when you're trying to sneak her toy to her past the pup
    - how she rolls on the floor on her back and tries to bite her back legs
    - when you rub down her spine when she's lying she rolls over for a tummy tickle
    - how right after you giving her a brush she does one shake and she's a backwards bush again
    - if you ask her for a kiss you get one on the nose, though she's sneaky and tries for your lips every time!

Daisy (almost 1 year old Lhasa)
    - how she sleeps on her back with her paws in the air (like right now)
    - how she bounces up the stairs like a rabbit
    - when she's all giddy and wants to play she's a loonatic
    - if she wants your tea she'll be in your face
    - her little food dance when it's food time
    - when she sits upright or bounces like tigger on her hind legs
    - she gives lots of kisses and loves cuddles

there are so many things that make them loveable and sweet and I honestly can't say what we'd do without them, any of us. They've brightened our lives and give you reasons to literally laugh out loud or make you feel better. My heart literally melts when I watch them sleeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Ben - Japanese Sptiz (8 and half)
    I love how much of a gentleman he is, even if you are face to face he won't lick you, just nudge you with his nose

Cleo - Chihuahua (4 years)
    I love that she doesn't realise she's only 6 inches tall and will do anything the other two dogs will do.

Brook - Rottweiler Pup (5 and half months)
    I love that she's still at that innocent stage, she thinks everyone is her friend. I keep telling her "you're a Rottweiler, you're supposed to be scary!!"

Kitty - Tortoise Shell Cat (almost 8)
    I love how she 'fluffs' your leg up like a pillow before she goes to sleep on it.

Nibbler - Russian Tortoise (4 years)
    I love how he'll pop his little head out of his shell and come 'running' over when you call him for dinner.

3 tanks of fish
    I love how the tame ones will come up to the top and nibble on your finger if you put it in the tank. Generally I just like watching the different fish interacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭binga

my gorgeous doggy got a lollipop for christmas and thought he was burying it in the wooden floor. he was pushing the imaginary dirt over it with his head and paws. so cute

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

binga wrote: »
    my gorgeous doggy got a lollipop for christmas and thought he was burying it in the wooden floor. he was pushing the imaginary dirt over it with his head and paws. so cute

My doggie does that too, still makes me laugh out loud :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

On our walk this morning and the puppy was having great fun sniffing and digging around in the snow. Next thing he's got some paper in his mouth (he picks everthing up) .. I tell him 'Leave it!!!" and he obidiently drops a fiver at my feet!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

How he stands up on the chair (see attached) when we are cooking dinner to see whats going on and is almost saying to us 'so what are we having tonight?'

The way he loves the snow and tried to eat anything covered in snow. The way he rests his head on my lap when he is going to sleep and lets out a big sigh and falls asleep. The way he brings up his toys onto my lap to involve me in the game.

His excitement at everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

First time Staffie owner and loving all their habits..

Big time drama queens, never heard anything sigh as much.
    The jibber-jabber they do when they try to hold a conversation with you.
    The HUGE bug-eyed belch that comes exactly 30 seconds after every drink.
    The most awkward sleeping positions accompanied by thunderous snoring.
    The froggy-legged prone position.
    The huge staffie smile.
    Have to admire their devotion. Its like having a brand new shadow.
    The head-butts in the back of the knee to let you know its game on.
    The comedy flatulance where she spins around 180 to see where that noise came from.
    The kissy face apologies you get when trying to give out to her.
    How every person she meets is greeted like a new best friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

There's so many....

Ollie: the way he likes to keep the drivers seat warm if I get out of the car for a minute, the way he taps me on the leg with his nose if he wants something (mostly I know what it is by the look on his face), the way he plays on walks- a nudge in the bum and when you turn round he turns too(staying behind you) so you can't see him, if you look the other way he moves again and when you finally catch a glimpse he's off like a rocket, the way he brings me things when he's happy to see me(usually socks), so many other things....

Tiffi: Also brings gifts(again mostly socks), the way she throws things around when playing, the way she runs up you into your arms, the happy dance(on back legs or all four, bouncing and wagging), she pounces like a cat leaping into the air and landing on all four paws,
    The way both dogs play in the snow...

The cats both talk to us and love to play, the way Jake shakes hands when happy being rubbed and Toby head butts really hard, their amazing ability to creep into bed without waking me,
    This could go on forever....lovely thread.:)

Advertisement