Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best dog breed for our young children

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Gone With The W

As a dog groomer i've come across a lot of bull terrier type breeds and i must say i would trust them a lot more than small dogs and retrievers. but the most gentle and child friendly breed i've come across is the Irish wolfhound. they are pure slobs and the worst i've ever seen them do is lick you to death.
    We have a lot of staffies on our books and they are the most laid back dogs i work on. you are most likely to have problems with a yorkie, westie or labrador.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jamesm5744

Yes indeed the Irish wolfhound is a fantastic dog, plus it has the added advantage that the kids can learn horse riding plus dog handling at the same time:D

Seriously though, a great breed indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Gone With The W

jamesm5744 wrote: »
    Yes indeed the Irish wolfhound is a fantastic dog, plus it has the added advantage that the kids can learn horse riding plus dog handling at the same time:D

Seriously though, a great breed indeed

Yea they're the babies of our family. Odin is the biggest goofball when it comes to children. If we meet children out walking he automatically rolls over to have his belly rubbed.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

I searched this thread for info on dog breeds but it went crazy half way through with people defending various breeds and not sticking to the OP's original question. The mods let it go off on a tangent and even joined in, really annoying and typical of boards.ie. To those that did stay on topic, thanks, A golden Retriever it is.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I searched this thread for info on dog breeds but it went crazy half way through with people defending various breeds and not sticking to the OP's original question. The mods let it go off on a tangent and even joined in, really annoying and typical of boards.ie. To those that did stay on topic, thanks, A golden Retriever it is.

1.The thread is 2.5 years old.
    2.Slaging off the mods is a no no.

Now youve 20 odd posts here so I suggest you read the rules or you`ll find yourself being infracted or even having a small ban from the forum.

Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement