Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 or Fifa 09 poll

Options
  • 20-12-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

just a bit curious about overall thoughts regarding this current talking point

What do you think? 23 votes

Fifa 10 is better than fifa 09
    0% 0 votes
    Fifa 09 was better
    52% 12 votes
    both pretty much the same
    47% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

You forgot to add the poll. But Fifa 09 all day long. Felt last years game was alot more solid and while it wasnt perfect this year feels as if sometimes matches just run against you no matter what you try.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

was just editing the poll...:D

I preferred Fifa 09, chipping and shooting were more skill based...jostling is a joke in Fifa 10..online clubs is better in Fifa 10 and getting rid of custom tactics was a good move

was just editing the poll...:D

I preferred Fifa 09, chipping and shooting were more skill based...jostling is a joke in Fifa 10..online clubs is better in Fifa 10 and getting rid of custom tactics was a good move

Custom tactics are still in Fifa 10....

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

joe123 wrote: »
    Custom tactics are still in Fifa 10....

I mean in online mode...just custom formations

I mean in online mode...just custom formations

They are in online mode, you have to set them up out of game though then assign them to a directional button under ''quick tactics'' apply once the game starts

This is connected to one of my biggest gripes, they don't even really work tbh, i was getting sick of one defender breaking the line and following a striker into the 6 yard box, GOAL SIDE, to keep him onside, so your man could just pass it into him for a tap in, so i went where i never went before and applied the OFFSIDE TRAP and they still do it anyway.

Also applying a high aggression/pressure does sweet FA in terms of getting your players to press on some knob who keeps passing it around(the midfield for ages, the REALLY annoying types) in sequences you can see coming, players still remain 5 yards away and the cursor change is so bad your wasting your time trying to skip to your player that's closest to the man who will receive the ball in say, two passes time(planning ahead to cut distance)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fifa 10 is more polished and better graphics. However, the obvious scripting of online games is an absoulute joke and makes it almost unplayable. Fifa 09 any day of the week to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

10 is the better game. Like many of you, I was "better" at 09. But alot of that is due to having a year with the game and 10 only being out a few months.

Fifa 10 is the better footballing game. It has issues, like goalkeepers coming out without being told to......and poor goalkeeper AI making easy pass tap ins too easy. But aside from that its very well polished.

Kirby wrote: »
    10 is the better game. Like many of you, I was "better" at 09. But alot of that is due to having a year with the game and 10 only being out a few months.

Fifa 10 is the better footballing game. It has issues, like goalkeepers coming out without being told to......and poor goalkeeper AI making easy pass tap ins too easy. But aside from that its very well polished.

I only got Fifa 09 after Christmas last year. And the first while I wasnt too good at it I slowly felt myself improving and felt it was down to practice and things working they way I wanted them too.

This years effort I feel has lost alot of the actual skill to the game and has made the game much more new user friendly. The jostling is absolutely terrible in it. The likes of Drogba,Ibriamovich, Adebayor shrug off challenges from the likes of Carragher and other strong defenders constantly.

Even when I win games in this version it doesnt feel deserved alot of the time. Id do the same thing in another game and it wouldnt work. All to often in this version you could be five yards out from goal and your player will miss. Last year you could work the ball into good positions and you would expect to score. Anymore its seems to me if the game wants you to win you do.

In the league I was playing Reganovski and I beat him 4-1 or something like that but it just felt unrealistic. Id be directing a pass one way but my player would play a superb pass to another player which I didnt even mean to. Shots that I wouldnt expect to go in go in. And its happend against me to.

And the way your keeper will come off his line for a perfect chip (even if you double tap y) is infuriating.

I played Fifa 09 constantly last year. This year I havent put the disc in the xbox in about a week and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

one thing that annoys me when playing fifa 10 online is when the opposition are passing the ball around and my players stretch out there legs to stop the ball and the ball goes through their legs. i dont mind if it happens every now and again but in some matches thats all my players do and sometimes the ball does be barely moving. another thing is when the ball is lobbed forward and the central defender either lets the ball bounce of them or just doesnt go near the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

joe123 wrote: »
    The likes of Drogba shrug off challenges from the likes of Carragher constantly. .

To be fair, this is true to life :D I'm sure there are some youtube clips around here that demonstrate that happening on many occasions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement