Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham v Chelsea

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

west ham playing really well here, parker has been immense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hammers have the throw....thats it

Superb stuff, West Ham should have had three points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Than you West Ham:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

west ham were robbed anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

You are arguing that because other refs don't correctly enforce the rules that this referee is bad because he understood and correctly enforced the rules.. You do realise that, yeah?

He fked up in the award of the peno and he knew it, he then overcorrected a rule that is never enforced if the penalty taker scores, simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

**** yes!

Only dropped 2 points on Chelsea over this injury crisis so far, if we can keep it to no more, we're still in with a great shot.

well done hammers - deserved at least a point from this game

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

lol. Poor form from Chelsea, saved by a poor decision from the linesman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

well done hammers, good game.
    we need essien back in midfield badly.
    not looking forward to the Africa Cup at tall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,427 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

very true.

the league is still on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We should have had two penalties in the first half. :rolleyes:

Not saying we deserved to win mind we were terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Johner wrote: »

Not saying we deserved to win mind we were terrible.

I aw the Kalou one

What was the other?

west ham should have gotten another peno and ye shouldnt have gotten a peno

next excuse please...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

If the linesman gives a peno, but the ref doesn't think it was one, he can overrule him, right?

Well played from the Hammers, they deserved more than a point though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

From the Laws of the Game:

Referee enforced the rules for all 3 penalties. Whether other refs do or not is irrelevant. Personally I feel Mike Dean knew that it wasn't a penalty.
    Bricking meself here. Anything out of this game means we're not bottom.

Not irrelevant at all. The ref has the power to award or not award whatever he wants, perfect example would be Henrygate. So 99 times out of 100 other refs would let the original peno stand and continue on with the game. Instead this pendantic ref decided to go against normal practice of letting the goal stand and have the peno retaken 3 times and in each instance penalise the penalty taker's team when they did no wrong. Applying the letter of the law in this case is unusual.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    I aw the Kalou one

What was the other?

Gabbidon playing basketball.

Headshot wrote: »
    west ham should have gotten another peno and ye shouldnt have gotten a peno

next excuse please...

How is it excuse? I said we didn't deserve to win. The penalty decision was wrong but we should have had two in the first half.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Would have taken 1-1 at the start of the game but we were the better team and Chelsea have the officials to thank for their draw. Sturridges penalty that shouldn't have been and Franco's penalty that should have been.
    But I'm happy we're not bottom at Christmas at least. Hopefully we can pull further away by beating Pompey on Stephen's Day.
    COME ON YOU IRONS!!!

Not irrelevant at all. The ref has the power to award or not award whatever he wants, perfect example would be Henrygate. So 99 times out of 100 other refs would let the original peno stand and continue on with the game. Instead this pendantic ref decided to go against normal practice of letting the goal stand and have the peno retaken 3 times and in each instance penalise the penalty taker's team when they did no wrong. Applying the letter of the law in this case is unusual.
    And he chose to apply the law in this instance. I'm struggling to figure why so many people can't grasp that he was within his rights to order the retakes. Just as he'd have been within his rights to order a retake if Green had saved any of them.

• Advertisement

How is it excuse? I said we didn't deserve to win. The penalty decision was wrong but we should have had two in the first half.

apology mate

I dont think ye deserve the draw either

what's his name again ?

apology mate

I dont think ye deserve the draw either

what's his name again ?

Kovac?

We were lucky to get the draw in the end, West Ham looked more dangerous than us going forward to be honest. We miss Essien so much and really missed Anelka today. On a positive note Sturridge was good when he came on and Zhirkov looked good enough.

yap Kovac that's who i was thinking of

thought he had a great game

Collison for them was impressive as well, great little player.

And he chose to apply the law in this instance. I'm struggling to figure why so many people can't grasp that he was within his rights to order the retakes. Just as he'd have been within his rights to order a retake if Green had saved any of them.

He chose not to book every player that encroched for the second penalty, which he should have if hes going to be that anal about the rules.

daithijjj wrote: »
    He chose not to book every player that encroched for the second penalty, which he should have if hes going to be that anal about the rules.
    Thats not in the rules though so how could he book anyone :confused:

• Advertisement

Thats not in the rules though so how could he book anyone :confused:

So tell me why he didnt get the 3rd penalty retaken after players encroached? or why players are booked for encroaching during freekicks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Not stirring but

A incident in the game has me a bit puzzled ,At one stage a west ham player was flagged offside ,he was clearly past Cezh but there was a Chelsea player on the line . Now Gray in commentary said something like he is past Cezh so is automatically offside

My question this the rule

if you are past the keeper
    or
    is it not last man ie player on post

Just curious , always thought last man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

neither of those.

Offside is when an attacking player is nearer to the goal than TWO of the defending team, so if there was a player on the line, then the WH player, then Cech, the WH player is offside as there is only ONE chelsea player between him and the goal line.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Not stirring but

A incident in the game has me a bit puzzled ,At one stage a west ham player was flagged offside ,he was clearly past Cezh but there was a Chelsea player on the line . Now Gray in commentary said something like he is past Cezh so is automatically offside

My question this the rule

if you are past the keeper
    or
    is it not last man ie player on post

Just curious , always thought last man.

Long time no chat bud, hope all is well ;)

I believe the rule is that you must have a player plus the keeper between you and the goal to be deemed onside.

So tell me why he didnt get the 3rd penalty retaken after players encroached? or why players are booked for encroaching during freekicks?
    Because from what I could see only West Ham players encroached on the third penalty kick.
    As for booking for encroaching free kicks it could be classified as dissent. I suppose encroaching in the penalty area could be classified as dissent but as far as I know there's nothing specifically in the rules about either. It depends on the referees interpretation.
    By the way, this situation has happened many times before. The most extreme case is here:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Des wrote: »
    neither of those.

Offside is when an attacking player is nearer to the goal than TWO of the defending team, so if there was a player on the line, then the WH player, then Cech, the WH player is offside as there is only ONE chelsea player between him and the goal line.

Cheers Des A fountain of knowledge
    Long time no chat bud, hope all is well ;)

I believe the rule is that you must have a player plus the keeper between you and the goal to be deemed onside.

Not bad mate , Marry life is good but keeping me away for the tables :D
    CHEERS for answer,

Because from what I could see only West Ham players encroached on the third penalty kick.
    As for booking for encroaching free kicks it could be classified as dissent. I suppose encroaching in the penalty area could be classified as dissent but as far as I know there's nothing specifically in the rules about either. It depends on the referees interpretation.
    By the way, this situation has happened many times before. The most extreme case is here:

Drogba was the first man to encroach on the 3rd penalty, if the ref is going to stand by his decisions it would/should have been retaken. He didnt get it retaken, why? He doesnt get the 3rd one retaken because it was verging on stupidity and he risks reffing hartlepool games for the rest of his life.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Cheers Des A fountain of knowledge

Not bad mate , Marry life is good but keeping me away for the tables :D
    CHEERS for answer,

Congrats mate, you got hitched in november right?........not been at the tables myself much, cant handle the swings lol. Good luck with it all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

4 points clear. Woop

here's me thinking chelsea will have it easy during the ANC but not anymore

look what chelsea are like when Essien is missing, I look very much forward to the ANC now

I look forward to it too. Watch Anelka and Lampard make you sick. Watch Sturridge and Zhirkov and the likes step up. I really look forward to it.

CHD wrote: »
    I look forward to it too. Watch Anelka and Lampard make you sick. Watch Sturridge and Zhirkov and the likes step up. I really look forward to it.

Sturridge the fella who cant get a game or from the commentators views made no impact in the reserves

that Sturridge ?

ill welcome him up front with anelka anyday

ill bookmark the above post ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

He won a penalty today :confused:

Sturridge the fella who cant get a game or from the commentators views made no impact in the reserves

that Sturridge ?

ill welcome him up front with anelka anyday

ill bookmark the above post ;)
    Your bookmarks must be full with all these posts you keep. Yet too see you quote one yet too.

To answer your question yeah, it is that Sturridge. The one who did well today but you won't be able to admit to it as he is a Chelsea player. Anelka also doesn't need anyone beside him, when Drogba was crocked last year who finished top scorer in the league? Think that is the same Anelka who plays for Chelsea.

LOL at listening to commentators opinions. Thats like saying Andy Gray knows what he is on about. Sturridge has been injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Don't think West Ham can complain too much about the penalty considering Chelsea had a stonewall one in the first half not given.

And then Green barging into Kalou.

• Advertisement

Your bookmarks must be full with all these posts you keep. Yet too see you quote one yet too.

To answer your question yeah, it is that Sturridge. The one who did well today but you won't be able to admit to it as he is a Chelsea player. Anelka also doesn't need anyone beside him, when Drogba was crocked last year who finished top scorer in the league? Think that is the same Anelka who plays for Chelsea.

LOL at listening to commentators opinions. Thats like saying Andy Gray knows what he is on about. Sturridge has been injured.

CHD, sturridge was ****e, bar the peno (any half descent lines man wouldnt given it) he did **** all, Zhirkov is the one that made the impact

id be happy to Anelka up on his own again during the ANC tbh.

so has Sturridge been injured the whole season ....?

CHD, sturridge was ****e, bar the peno (any half descent lines man wouldnt given it) he did **** all, Zhirkov is the on that made the impact

id be happy to Anelka up on his own again during the ANC tbh.

so has Sturridge been injured the whole season ....?
    He has been hampered with little injuries since the start of the season yes. Pretty foolish being happy with the leagues reigning top scorer leading the line for your title rivals.

I don't say Pogba is ****, Tosic is **** or whatever young lads yous have that you rave about. You know why? I havn't seen them play or keep track of the reserves/youths at United. You know nothing about Sturridge so leave it out. He is as good a talent as Macheda or Wellbeck and they are good enough for yous when short up top. I'm happy to have him play the likes of Hull, Burnley, Birmingham and Sunderland during the ACON.

Aguero might be playing those games for us though ;)

He has been hampered with little injuries since the start of the season yes. Pretty foolish being happy with the leagues reigning top scorer leading the line for your title rivals.

I don't say Pogba is ****, Tosic is **** or whatever young lads yous have that you rave about. You know why? I havn't seen them play or keep track of the reserves/youths at United. You know nothing about Sturridge so leave it out. He is as good a talent as Macheda or Wellbeck and they are good enough for yous when short up top. I'm happy to have him play the likes of Hull, Burnley, Birmingham and Sunderland during the ACON.

Aguero might be playing those games for us though ;)

lol I hit a nerve :D

actually hold on here didnt you say a couple of stuff on kiko ?

"Macheda is nothing special"

Nope not at all. Im happy at how worried you are :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Sturridge has looked impressive whenever I've seen him to be honest. Still a young lad and his record with England youngings is pretty darn impressive imo.

PHB wrote: »
    Sturridge has looked impressive whenever I've seen him to be honest. Still a young lad and his record with England youngings is pretty darn impressive imo.
    Yep, gets rid of his attitude and he could make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

He's done nothing since that goal in all fairness. One hit wonder?

I said yous all cream yourselves over him cause he got that important goal. Alot of you think he should get more game time when all he has done is put his boot through 2 balls and being pretty lucky for both to go in. He is a promising player, that is all.

He is nothing special. yet.

Im happy with Sturridge playing while we are short up top, same way you are having Macheda play up top when short. You saying he is **** when you have seen 45 mins from him and listened to commentators opinions is laughable. I have said Macheda has to prove himself.

SantryRed wrote: »
    He's done nothing since that goal in all fairness. One hit wonder?

True, given all the first team appearances he's had :rolleyes:

He's looked very capable in any reserves match he's played. Make no mistake, whether it be at Utd or at another club he's gonna be a very good player.

Anyway, this is a W Ham v Chelsea thread isnt it?

• Advertisement

I said yous all cream yourselves over him cause he got that important goal. Alot of you think he should get more game time when all he has done is put his boot through 2 balls and being pretty lucky for both to go in. He is a promising player, that is all.

He is nothing special. yet.

Im happy with Sturridge playing while we are short up top, same way you are having Macheda play up top when short. You saying he is **** when you have seen 45 mins from him and listened to commentators opinions is laughable. I have said Macheda has to prove himself.

"I don't say Pogba is ****, Tosic is **** or whatever young lads yous have that you rave about. You know why? I havn't seen them play or keep track of the reserves/youths at United."

but you did CHD

you didnt even add the yet

anyway that's me done talking about utd in here

Advertisement