Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

childcare

Options
  • 20-12-2009 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

is there a big demand for childminding in the home environment?im having no luck in finding work,i have lots of experience and excellent references but cant find any suitable work :( any job would be lucky to have me :p any advise on how its done from home?(my home)im currently working but looking to move as my job was only a temp

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

http://www.childminding.ie/childminding.htm

have a read of the childminding ireland website, they a matching service and it also lists all the legal requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

You could try and advertise but there are so many childminders with vacancies due to people either losing their jobs or reduced hours add to that those that are doing it legitimately are having to compete with a lot who are claiming benefits and childminding as a top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭meisha

i know what you mean half of the people offering themselves for work are not even qualified,i have everything done from 1st aid to special needs,i just wish it was a little easier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭neeb

meisha wrote: »
    is there a big demand for childminding in the home environment?im having no luck in finding work,i have lots of experience and excellent references but cant find any suitable work :( any job would be lucky to have me :p any advise on how its done from home?(my home)im currently working but looking to move as my job was only a temp

Are you looking to work from your own home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CharlotteM31

There is a big demand for childcare but employers are now looking for people with at least a qualification of QQI Level 5 in Childcare to be a Nanny, Childcare assistant etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

There is a huge demand for it, childminding.ie is a great resource as is your local childcare committee .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

But as thsi is a 7 year old thread it's time for it to fade away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement