Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rampage II Gene Issue

Options
  • 20-12-2009 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just built a core i7 setup with the above motherboard, however despite it being up and running it only recognises 2GB of RAM out of the 6GB. I've tried changing the settings in the bios, reseating the cpu, checking for bent pins, alternating memory etc. however the RAM will only work in one slot.

Has anyone else had this problem with i7 boards and how did you fix it? I would like to RMA but bought it off adverts and I don't have a receipt. It was brand new when i got it and is working fine depsite this.

Do you think i can RMA it with Asus without a receipt?

regards,

req

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Are you sure the ram is installed the right way as in slot 1,3 and 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

it advises for slot 2,4 and 6 and i had it installed that way with no luck:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

requiem1 wrote: »

Try installing it in the other slots :P

You sure its the Mobo and not the Ram?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

requiem1 wrote: »

Fair enough thats all I can think of,Bios update maby

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

So each of the three sticks of ram works, but just in the one slot?

I'd say it is RMA time tbh. :(

• Advertisement

marco_polo wrote: »
    So each of the three sticks of ram works, but just in the one slot?

I'd say it is RMA time tbh. :(

yeah looks that way it has the latest bios so not happy at the prospect of RMA'ing. I've tried the memory in every slot, the only one working is A1....crap buzz

hmmm just to progress this a bit, two things I learned today. Asus warranties are transferable from one person to another within the first three years of purchase and you can RMA an item to reseller even if you aren't the original purchaser.

Also that asus have no means of RMA'ing items from Ireland and if they tell you creativecomputing deal with it, they don't.

Asus are apparently going to issue me an RMA as overclockers, who the item was originally purchased from don't want to honor this condition of the warranty.

Advertisement