Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salt Flats Bolivia

• 20-12-2009 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

I will be doing the salt flat tour in a couple of weeks in Bolivia and was wondering did anyone do this and could they recommend a company as I hear there are a few dodgy ones about!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Probably not all that useful but think the company I did it with was called Blue something or other.

Just take a stroll around Uyuni or wherever it is you're starting from and see if you can have a chat to someone who's just come back from it. That's what myself and a few others did.

Have a blast. It's a fantastic trip. I adored it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Estrella del Sur were great and they were the only ones we found with generally good reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

if you are going from Tupiza to Uyuni, i'd recommend the group that operate from 'La Torre' hotel. Torre tours i think they were called... went with them this summer and had a great time..... ask for Carlos for your guide... he was great craic... although if you have no spanish he may struggle to converse with ye...
    Food was excellent and very well prepared, and a great variety...
    Enjoy anyway.. its a great experience... not sure what the night time temperatures are like this time of year but most accomodation will be freezing cold (i went in June) so bring yer termals :) .. whether going from or arriving to Uyuni, dont plan on spending any time there... its a dump.. literally!

Advertisement