Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Snow in Sligo?

Options
  • 20-12-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Its been failing, and settling in South Donegal, Leitrim, and Mayo, but none here, well not in the town, just a few showers resulting in a dusting, not sure about the rest of the county.

:(

So, any to report.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Lots down here in Geevagh. Nice and powdery. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

f_ugw74vpam_710cd00.jpg

Ballymote at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

A wee bit in dromore, not as much as ballymote by the looks of it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sligome

we have 6 inches of snow here in lavagh. very deep cant even get to the shop as have to go up a hill and ill i seem to be able to do is slide sideways

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Achonry has had a good dose of snow since Saturday, roads are lethal especially getting out to the N17.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Plenty in Gurteen.
    Built a 10ft Snowman on Sunday morning.
    He died shortly afterwards though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Hubby's not happy about the drive in from Gurteen so we moved into town to the Mother-in-law on Sunday with a sack of random clothes I grabbed on the way back from Cork, a dog, a cat and (I hope) everyone's Christmas presents, just in case. There was a good three inches around my house on Sunday - must be mental out there by now. Any pics Gillie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Well I am in Ballyremote and there is feck all left on the roads unless it is a very quite one.

There is still 3 inches or more in the garden frozen solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

dromahair sttill covered, roads are a ice rink

Temp was -8 this morning in Gurteen!

The chap in the pic is the guy who helped build the Yeti!
    He fell under his own weight about 2 hours later! (The snowman not the chap of course!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Our estate is like an ice rink.

I need a sleigh. And a few huskys.

Our estate is like an ice rink.

I need a sleigh. And a few huskys.

He's not a husky but i'll let you borrow him Sue!;)

Just the job Gillie! I wouldn't even need a sleigh, I could just get on his back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Blimey Gillie that's a big one;)

Really bad in Coolaney today. It was OK yesterday, managed to get out, but I'm not even going to attempt it today.
    At this rate it'll be sandwiches for Christmas dinner.

I'm the same ML, I have the beef in thankfully, so it could be beef sandwiches for Christmas dinner.

magnumlady wrote: »
    Blimey Gillie that's a big one;)

Eh, The dog or the Snowman?:confused:
    :D

The snowman:D

I have kitekat in so that'll be nice in a few sambos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fabregas9200

I live in rosses point and there has not been snow all week hopefully tonight

Achonry is still frozen under, Connaught Gold wouldn't deliver coal to my abode saying the road was to dangerous - Wimps! Freezing fog at the moment and visibility is down to about 100feet.:mad:

Medicman my coalman just called and I didn't need any. I went out to fill the buckets today and the bags had frozen solid. I've never seen frozen coal before. Hope you have other heating.

The fog is coming down thick and fast here (top of Pearse Road).

Hurrah for Tesco deliveries though - they made it to me 4 hours EARLY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Last white Christmas here was about 2006 am I right?

Medicman my coalman just called and I didn't need any. I went out to fill the buckets today and the bags had frozen solid. I've never seen frozen coal before. Hope you have other heating.

We have central heating, but I like to have the open fires blazing! There is just something about an open fire that warms the bones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

i want a white christmas on the mayo/galway border!!! its fookin cold but i dont see any snow! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

no snow for joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

Fitzo wrote: »
    Last white Christmas here was about 2006 am I right?

why u askin me, sure i dont even live there

I think the last snow at Christmas was 2006. Nothing like this though. My gas for the cooker keeps freezing up.

We have central heating, but I like to have the open fires blazing! There is just something about an open fire that warms the bones.

I agree. Stick some candles in the grate if you can't get in fuel in, it'll take the cold look off the fireplace.

Anyone been around town today? What are the conditions like?

I agree. Stick some candles in the grate if you can't get in fuel in, it'll take the cold look off the fireplace.

Anyone been around town today? What are the conditions like?

The car was solid, but the roads aren't too bad - hoare frost on everything - very pretty but a sign of serious cold. We've been up to Carraroe, down to Smyths and then to the station and no issues with ice (well except in the Carraroe car park, and since the powers that be have seen fit not to grit that all week, well what would we expect?). I'm on the train now and everything's gorgeous looking. Ballymote road seems pretty much clear - still lines of slush but it's driveable, the Gurteen - Boyle road's the same, but the Ballymote - Boyle one's pretty snowy still. (based on my attempts to figure out which roads I was looking at - I may have been wrong though!). Sulking that I'm gonna miss White Christmas - parents just have ice. Oh well!

What is "hoare" frost?! Sounds naughty!

• Advertisement

What is "hoare" frost?! Sounds naughty!

:D Does doesn't it? It's the white frost you see on the trees/bushes this fine morning - first time I've seen it in Sligo.

Advertisement